Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Not saying this as a negative. But those guns are pure show and fun. Had a friend who was a sales rep for them at one time and we had some good times at the range.

The 500 in general is a fun and show gun. Thats why in my initial post i said i bought something
completely unnecessary...haha. Its a way over the top gun and not needed. But when you watch
vids..its just something you kinda want. I asked AD if I should get one and he almost
forced me too :). AD is my pro gun guy.
AD said this before...but I found a pic to show it. Here is a pic to show a 500 shell compared to
a 44 magnum shell. Riduculous

Attachments

• 200px-44-500comp.jpg
    200px-44-500comp.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 300px-Tom_500_nightfiring.jpg
    300px-Tom_500_nightfiring.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 7
Dec 11, 2010
My wife and dd are going on a mission trip in a few weeks- its on a Montana ranch. Part of the arrival speech informs regarding bear issues and all the men are strapped with big bore pistolas.

I don't live in bear country but I always liked the look of Marlin lever action "Guide Guns" and have always wanted one in 45-70. I have a Marlin lever .22 my dad bought me as a kid and I love that thing. He bought both daughters Henry levers and they just don't feel right to me.

Feb 1, 2021
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians? Motley Crue, Tesla, Queensryche, most 80's hair bands

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing? Breakfast Club, IT, Rogue One

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer? I love IPAs but can't drink them without a nap. Modelo if no naptime possible.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport. Chelsea FC, Kevin Harvick, Indianapolis Colts, STL Cardinals

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Technology, Cycling, Cars

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
The 500 in general is a fun and show gun. Thats why in my initial post i said i bought something
completely unnecessary...haha. Its a way over the top gun and not needed. But when you watch
vids..its just something you kinda want. I asked AD if I should get one and he almost
forced me too :). AD is my pro gun guy.
AD said this before...but I found a pic to show it. Here is a pic to show a 500 shell compared to
a 44 magnum shell. Riduculous

Ya sorry - I didn’t mean to say it a bad buy. Id love to do the same haha. It’s crazy the size difference in rounds.

And don’t ever say a gun purchase wasn’t needed. It’s really what gun do you buy first? Then second? Then third? Etc etc.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
My wife and dd are going on a mission trip in a few weeks- its on a Montana ranch. Part of the arrival speech informs regarding bear issues and all the men are strapped with big bore pistolas.

I don't live in bear country but I always liked the look of Marlin lever action "Guide Guns" and have always wanted one in 45-70. I have a Marlin lever .22 my dad bought me as a kid and I love that thing. He bought both daughters Henry levers and they just don't feel right to me.

I have a Marlin 30-30 and love it. I’ve always been fascinated by lever action guns. Can’t beat a quality 45-70.

Dec 11, 2010
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians? I'm revisiting some stuff from back in the day... Brother Cane, off the beaten path Pearl Jam... Also got a bug for Robert Plant for some reason right now. I'm fickle though. Always looking for classics I haven't heard in awhile.

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing? Shawshank, Green Mile, Outlaw Josey Wales, Patton, Midway, Tora! Tora! Tora!

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer? I love Sam Adams Boston Lager but it does not love me back.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport. Don't really have one. My wife and I used to big racing fans but we lost interest. My wife watches a lot of tennis. I really like Nadal (His 60 Minutes segment was super interesting). I am rooting for Coco to become the future of American womens' tennis...

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? I ordered a Deere 5075M loader tractor yesterday. Its approximately 75 engine horsepower, has a 32 speed transmission with HiLo and reverser. Along with a 12' batwing mower, I am having a root grapple bucket made. Google a video of a root grapple, it looks like a riot to run. I used to hunt a lot, ducks and deer but now I'm more into planting deer food plots and picking up the deer's antlers in the spring instead of zipping broadheads through them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06