Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Finally, good news on many fronts.

I followed @ANNASDAD 's advice and got myself a RAV-4 for my new vehicle to replace my Jeep that broke down. My dad and I were to several dealerships looking at different vehicles and a RAV-4 just spoke to me. I got a 2019 model with ~18k miles on it. I really didn't care for the color at first but could come to like it. It was listed for ~$2k below KBB value but dad negotiated and I got it ~$4k below KBB value. They even offered to detail it for me. SCORE! My dad couldn't take me to get it when they called telling me I could pick it up... but my sister went with me. We've already christened it with its first softball road trip. I like it better than the 4Runner I looked at.

The trip to the orthopedist went great. They took the cast off, x-rayed my ankle, and I awaited the result. The doctor says everything is healing great. I got another cast put on and they think this may be the last cast I need before I get my walking boot back in three weeks. YAY! Still waterproof and this time I went with blue.

On a different front, I ended up getting a letter from the university I attend saying I had to be fully vaccinated against COVID in order to attend school. Since the rest of my family is vaccinated against the virus, I felt it was in my best interest to get vaccinated as well. So, I went to my local hospital and got my first shot of the COVID vaccine. I go back in a month and get my second shot. I personally don't agree with being forced to get vaccinated, but in order to go to college and realize my dream, I guess it's the thing I have to do.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I want to give belated Happy Father's Day greetings to our fellow DFP Dads on here. I hope you guys had an awesome Father's Day. :D

My sister and I were talking on our way home from her last softball tourney (they were knocked out early. Teams they played were a lot better since they were a level higher than her current team.) and we decided to take our dad out for a steak dinner tonight since we got home late from western PA. We talked to mom over the internet because we were still sleeping when she left for work. Everything's looking good to go as far as taking him for his steak dinner.

What did you guys do for Father's Day, DFP Dads? Hope you had a good time!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Thank you gabby, we all appreciate that!

I watched a really good U.S. Open final round yesterday, a nice relaxing, lazy day for me! Also, how's the new Rav4 working out?

You're very welcome for the wishes for Father's Day. I wish I could set out on the deck with him during the summer and enjoy drinking a beer with him. But I should soon as I turn 21 soon enough.

I know how much you love golf. I went to the driving range once with a couple of friends and we had a good time. But I can't drive a ball far and every time I hit a ball, I can't predict the direction the ball is going to go. I thought it looked so easy from watching it on TV but golf is a hell of a lot harder than it looks. It humbles you for sure. :)

I love the RAV-4! I've taken my sister and two of her teammates to tournaments (one in NJ and another on the other side of PA) and I can hardly feel how fast I'm driving. I have to consciously look at my speedometer to make sure I'm not speeding too badly. There are spots on the Pennsylvania turnpike where the speed limit is 70mph. If I'm not careful, I can be doing 80-85mph before I realize it. I also took a couple of my teammates who live near me for a little road trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom in Allentown and to Hershey Park in Hershey and we had a blast at both parks. I can imagine Anna doing either where you guys are in NC.

I hope your feeling better with your bout with diverticulitis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee