Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Can you possibly imagine the number of deer (and men) that have met their demise from a lever action rifle over the course of American history? A LOT!! What, since the 1860's?

All those old westerns of the gun being slid in the holster on the side of the horse. Thats what I think about when
i see those guns

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
The 500 in general is a fun and show gun. Thats why in my initial post i said i bought something
completely unnecessary...haha. Its a way over the top gun and not needed. But when you watch
vids..its just something you kinda want. I asked AD if I should get one and he almost
forced me too :). AD is my pro gun guy.
AD said this before...but I found a pic to show it. Here is a pic to show a 500 shell compared to
a 44 magnum shell. Riduculous

Man, that's some serious firepower! I showed my dad the pic of you firing it and he said "oh, crap". He agrees with me it's serious firepower. I'm actually in the market for another shotgun. Preferably something in 12ga semi-automatic. Dad's talking about taking me out bird hunting and shooting some trap with him and some of his buddies.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians? Motley Crue, Tesla, Queensryche, most 80's hair bands

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing? Breakfast Club, IT, Rogue One

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer? I love IPAs but can't drink them without a nap. Modelo if no naptime possible.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport. Chelsea FC, Kevin Harvick, Indianapolis Colts, STL Cardinals

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Technology, Cycling, Cars

What do you ride? I started racing MTBs in the early '90s, and switched to the road after I broke my collarbone a few years later. Raced on the road until '04 - same year my youngest DD was born. In Dec '19, I got back on my bike, rode 40 lbs off my fat @$$, and got some decent fitness back. I ride mostly on the road, but have recently been mixing in singlespeed MTB rides pretty regularly for a change of scenery and attitude. It's good to be on the bike again.

#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians? Right now, been listening to a lot of new alt/indie rock. I'm also enjoying Tyler Childers, and The Black Keys new blues album. All-time favorites...probably Metallica, Foo Fighters, and Green Day.

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing? Bull Durham...and a bunch of others

#3. Favorite go to beer? Deschutes Fresh Haze IPA is currently at the top of my list.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport. LA Dodgers

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Cycling, Music, Cooking

Last edited:
May 22, 2015
Illinois
Man, that's some serious firepower! I showed my dad the pic of you firing it and he said "oh, crap". He agrees with me it's serious firepower. I'm actually in the market for another shotgun. Preferably something in 12ga semi-automatic. Dad's talking about taking me out bird hunting and shooting some trap with him and some of his buddies.

Take him up on that offer! Some of my fondest memories in life have been made hunting with my grandpa, kids, or dad. I hope as my kids get older and get there own life’s they still find time to hunt and fish with me on occasion. I bet those days will mean more to your dad than you realize. Plus it’s fun lol……and delicious.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Take him up on that offer! Some of my fondest memories in life have been made hunting with my grandpa, kids, or dad. I hope as my kids get older and get there own life’s they still find time to hunt and fish with me on occasion. I bet those days will mean more to your dad than you realize. Plus it’s fun lol……and delicious.

I'm planning on taking him up on it. I love going bird hunting. I'm usually a fairly decent shot when hunting them. The year before last, we went out to Ohio and hunted birds. We bagged quite a few. Good times sitting with him and my grandfather around a campfire while they drank regular beer and I had non-alcoholic beer. My dad would like for us to maybe hunt in Lancaster county where I go to school and hunt some weekend. We're also talking about getting into the deer tag lottery for near Philadelphia and he's talked about trying his hand at hunting bear.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

Wasnt me. I just quick found that pic on the web because AD wanted to see the blast in the dark from
the cannon...haha.

Feb 1, 2021
What do you ride?

Lol, well if you have seen my other posts here you'd know I tend to 'try stuff'. I currently own an Eddie Merckx EMX and a gorgeous Litespeed titanium road bike that for some reason, the model escapes me at the moment. The EMX is kitted with SRAM Force. The Litespeed is SRAM Red. Don't laugh, but despite the investments made above, my favorite bike to ride is my cheap Trek 2.3 from 2010. The geometry fits me to perfection. All my bikes are stripped down and rebuilt with the components I want to try. The 2.3 has been rekitted 3 times, but I'm back to the old Shimano 105 which is hard to beat.

I also have a couple GT mountain bikes, but it didn't take to many hard tumbles to learn I don't have the manly bits to take it to the level I would really enjoy. I feared injury more then the enjoyment of hanging it all out there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee