Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I have a Marlin 30-30 and love it. I’ve always been fascinated by lever action guns. Can’t beat a quality 45-70.
I have a softball dad buddy that has an early 70's era Marlin 30-30. It's so classic looking and has beautiful wood....

I should start looking for some of those older lever guns. I really enjoy shooting them, even over my modern battle carbines. They are practical and effective.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My wife and dd are going on a mission trip in a few weeks- its on a Montana ranch. Part of the arrival speech informs regarding bear issues and all the men are strapped with big bore pistolas.

I don't live in bear country but I always liked the look of Marlin lever action "Guide Guns" and have always wanted one in 45-70. I have a Marlin lever .22 my dad bought me as a kid and I love that thing. He bought both daughters Henry levers and they just don't feel right to me.
My favorite (I would buy Marlin) would be a Pre-Remington Marlin 45-70 lever rifle. My BIL has a Marlin .444 guide gun, one night 25+ years ago after quite a few beers he got really mad a me for shooting a telephone sized light pole that overlooked his garden. Two shots from 50 yards away blew the back of that pole out! That .444 round is quite the bear round!

I’m with you Ww, I’d take a older Marlin over a Henry everyday of the week! But it has to be a Pre-Remington Marlin!!

Dec 11, 2010
My favorite (I would buy Marlin) would be a Pre-Remington Marlin 45-70 lever rifle. My BIL has a Marlin .444 guide gun, one night 25+ years ago after quite a few beers he got really mad a me for shooting a telephone sized light pole that overlooked his garden. Two shots from 50 yards away blew the back of that pole out! That .444 round is quite the bear round!

OMG I think we may have been twins separated at birth, lol!

I have blocked out some of the memories of the stuff we did over the years in the name of fun.

Growing up in the middle of nowhere with access to boats, the (upper) Mississippi River and crappy four wheel drive trucks led to some hijinks.

Man I didn’t even remember they made that round- and I’ll add I didn’t know Remington bought them. That sucks. They are so corporate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06