Gloves 10u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2024
My younger daughter is not as serious as my older daughter so I haven’t really gotten into getting her any high-end stuff. I was wondering if an 11.5 glove would be OK for her to play outfield and infield because she’s really going to be doing the recreational or just practicing trying course, get better second base or maybe outfield I have a GG baseball glove 11.5 and liberty advanced 11.5 . I also have an A1 thousand that she can use. That’s also brand new but I would just like to know is there really a size that would make or break her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2015
If she’s doing time on the OF, a 12” would be a better all around glove.

That being said, there’s always a range of pocket sizes with different models, even if they’re the same size.

If she’s still “trying out” the sport of softball, I’d just use what you have, or she’s most comfortable with, before investing in anything else.

Mar 15, 2024
If she’s doing time on the OF, a 12” would be a better all around glove.

That being said, there’s always a range of pocket sizes with different models, even if they’re the same size.

If she’s still “trying out” the sport of softball, I’d just use what you have, or she’s most comfortable with, before investing in anything else.

Any recommendations as I have a glove problem and it’s a big inventory

Nov 18, 2015
Any recommendations as I have a glove problem and it’s a big inventory

We all have a glove problem - that’s why we’re here! :)

But I’m not sure what you’re asking - of the three gloves you mentioned, I’d go with whatever fits her hand best and she feels comfortable using.

If she’s just starting out, unless the glove is a complete pancake or super-stiff (I doubt the A1000 would fit this category), 90% of her success in the field will come from her skill level, not her equipment.

Jul 15, 2024
Hi there, if your league is still using 11 inch softballs at 10u (ours does) then an 11.5 inch will be fine. You’ll probably want to consider sizing up when she moves to the bigger softballs.

Your softball specific glove (Liberty Advanced) will likely have a bigger pocket than your baseball gloves (GG elite / A1000). I would start there but like others have mentioned… DD2 will probably prefer one over the others.

Feb 14, 2019
My younger daughter is not as serious as my older daughter so I haven’t really gotten into getting her any high-end stuff. I was wondering if an 11.5 glove would be OK for her to play outfield and infield because she’s really going to be doing the recreational or just practicing trying course, get better second base or maybe outfield I have a GG baseball glove 11.5 and liberty advanced 11.5 . I also have an A1 thousand that she can use. That’s also brand new but I would just like to know is there really a size that would make or break her

At that age, a 12 inch Bradley H-Web would work nicely for both IF and OF; they're good quality and they're pretty affordable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym