What glove would you get for a pitcher?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2022
My daughter has a 12.5 liberty advance that’s getting a little floppy. Thinking of getting her a new glove for pitching and a 1st baseman mitt. She’s 5’9” with really long fingers.

Curious what you would recommend. She’s an 8th grader - so hoping to get her a high quality glove that will last through high school.

Any feedback on the https://www.wilson.com/en-us/produc...e4QAvD_BwE#throwinghand=52622&glovesize=52694
I’ve always used a Rawlings heart of the hide until I got my first Nakona. But I’m not sure what would work best for a young girl, but whatever your choice is make sure it’s a solid pocket, maybe not so much now but when she learns to throw different pitches the solid picket hides the ball better lol

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
I am not sure if forever gloves/really solid gloves are that good for pitchers the extra weight and the fact that some slap their leg during the end of the pitching process does not seem like a good spot for solid gloves.

Apr 6, 2017
I like a 12 or 12.25. Pretty much any higher end glove will
be stiff and take break in time. I like heart of the hide but to be
honest I think my daughters all star broke in better than her
Rawlings. People like closed pocket for pitchers. I bought my
daughter a h web. She uses her 12.25 all positions.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My daughter has a 12.5 liberty advance that’s getting a little floppy. Thinking of getting her a new glove for pitching and a 1st baseman mitt. She’s 5’9” with really long fingers.

Curious what you would recommend. She’s an 8th grader - so hoping to get her a high quality glove that will last through high school.

Any feedback on the https://www.wilson.com/en-us/produc...e4QAvD_BwE#throwinghand=52622&glovesize=52694
End thread (well, for the pitching glove part of it).

I don’t buy into in the whole “get me through the last four years of high school” but this one will give you the best shot at it!

At 5’9” and long fingers, she can handle this glove.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
End thread (well, for the pitching glove part of it).

I don’t buy into in the whole “get me through the last four years of high school” but this one will give you the best shot at it!

At 5’9” and long fingers, she can handle this glove.
Mr. Horween, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. It hasn't been the same without you and Pattar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles