Glove for first base

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2022
Natrona Heights PA
Hello

My daughter played 3rd this past travel season and used a 12.25” Liberty Advanced. She also played 1st for her MS team and now will be primary @ 1st for travel. Will getting her the same glove but in a 12.5” make a difference? She had a first basemen mitt but hated it so I got rid of it.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I firmly believe that a first baseman should use a mitt designed for their position. Plenty of people on this board would disagree with me, but that's just an opinion. You should try the mitt again if she's serious about playing first base. Watch a Major League Baseball game and see if you can find one where the 1B uses a regular glove. I won't say it never happens, but it would be extremely rare.

Aug 20, 2022
Natrona Heights PA
I firmly believe that a first baseman should use a mitt designed for their position. Plenty of people on this board would disagree with me, but that's just an opinion. You should try the mitt again if she's serious about playing first base. Watch a Major League Baseball game and see if you can find one where the 1B uses a regular glove. I won't say it never happens, but it would be extremely rare.

Would you recommend a 12.5 or 13”. She’s around 5’4-5 and 170lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831