Glove for 11U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 15, 2021
Hi all, been lurking a while, learning a lot. My DD is going into 11U starting this fall, getting more serious and starting to upgrade her equipment. We got her a 12" A500 Siren last season and it served her very well in 10U. It's very comfortable for her, but I think it's getting pretty floppy. It has always been very soft and light, required no real break-in at all. She does well with it and still likes it. She is young enough that she is not really set on where she will focus... she really likes 1B, but pitches some and otherwise plays all over, and we're not sure where her new 11U team will use her primarily yet.

Should she get started breaking in a nicer utility type glove that would be adequate for all over the field if not perfect for a specific position? Any recommendations?

Or should we wait a bit to find out more about where she might play? (I'm leaning not wait, because there's likely a lot of playing and developing before that is truly figured out).

Budget is flexible, really interested in "bang for the buck" or where/when to scope out a deal among the best options (like fall sales).

Sep 20, 2017
Agree, my daughter is second year 12U and has had bradleys for years they are amazing. 12 1/2 custom was her last one. Sadly we are now looking to get her a big girl glove, I figure by the time we actually get a HOH broke in she will have outgrown the Bradley.... But we are talking as she will be entering 14U. Bradley are just made for smaller hands, and that is what she loves about them but As a pitcher it is also exciting that her hands are finally growing.... Get her a 12.5 bandito and dont look back!

Aug 15, 2021
Thanks, I have seen several enthusiastic Bradley recommendations here. Without being able to see it, it's tough to understand the differences in their lines, i.e. what is the difference between Bandito, Next Play, and FP Gold (it seems that maybe all the FP gloves are sorted onto the "FP Gold" page maybe, since there are Bandito etc. there repeated. Otherwise the baseball/softball gloves seem sort of mixed up together. Maybe best to email or call them for some advice?

Oct 26, 2019
Thanks, I have seen several enthusiastic Bradley recommendations here. Without being able to see it, it's tough to understand the differences in their lines, i.e. what is the difference between Bandito, Next Play, and FP Gold (it seems that maybe all the FP gloves are sorted onto the "FP Gold" page maybe, since there are Bandito etc. there repeated. Otherwise the baseball/softball gloves seem sort of mixed up together. Maybe best to email or call them for some advice?
That’s what I would do. Call or email Jeff Bradley and ask him for his recommendation. He is super responsive to emails.

Aug 15, 2021
Thanks all. I have not gotten a reply yet. But the site had a few Bandito 12 and only one Bandito 12.25. I snagged the 12.25 and it was delivered... the DD approves of the fit. It's nice, will require some break in... more than the Siren which was super soft day 1. Am I thinking right that 12.25 is the right move here for an all rounder? Still have the 30 day to try out something else from Bradley. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying