Foam practice balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I have a lightning strike pitching machine and the lightning strike balls. That works good. We hit some from the machine (you have to be quick!), then I toss some from an angle.
Jugs lite flites work....but plan on doing a little drywall repair. Not bad, but an occasional dent.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
Not sure how much they weigh, I throw front toss with them all the time. They are much easier for me to pitch than using wiffle balls.
I also use them in my jugs jr pitching machine. They tend to float at high speeds in the machine but at lower speeds and a closer distance they do fine.

and they don't hurt if you get hit with a line drive.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
TCB makes a 'Holey' Ball, their version of a wiffle ball that weighs more and they are darn near indestructable. I have not used them around drywall but I don't think they would do any damage as they are pretty soft.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
TCB makes a 'Holey' Ball, their version of a wiffle ball that weighs more and they are darn near indestructable. I have not used them around drywall but I don't think they would do any damage as they are pretty soft.

Some of these just arrived on the doorstep this week. I'm really eager to try them out. The weather has not been very cooperative, but I've played with them in my hands. I am thinking they could be ideal for your purpose. They seem firm enough to throw realistically, yet they are soft and flexible enough that I think they would squish and disperse the impact effectively when they hit drywall. Sadly, our garage is currently too cluttered, LOL.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
No net or cage...no problem!!!
Go to mojoball.com

Light weight and easy transport. A little pricey at around $30 a dozen. But worth it. Can be used outdoors without worry, they only travel about 75' on a perfect bomb of a hit.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
We went SUPER inexpensive and have had great success by simply taking some socks and balling them up real good and then putting a couple strips of duct tape around them. They will fly clear across our basement and they don't hurt when you get hit! Here's a small video of our daughter laughing when she nailed me in the gut when I was getting video....lol

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl