Finding a new team post Covid.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
There was a thread a while back where this was discussed but I can't find it. My daughters team (18U) has just folded. I remember talk here about this was going to be pretty common. Another thing that was discussed was that pitchers and catcher where going to be in high demand. Boy is that true. Heybucket is not all that busy but there are some posts looking for players. Every team I inquired with regarding my daughter (a catcher) was replied to with a tryout invite. She is going to be busy this weekend. I hope this allows her to really find a good fit for her last year of TB.

Apr 16, 2013
Here in NC I feel it's kinda been the opposite. The ONLY teams (mostly anyways) you see posting for players/tryouts are the super low level teams that would take any warm body.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
In so cal heard of teams in all age brackets have a few 2-3-4 players for whatever reason dropping off teams, or not wanting to play just yet.

We also have sooo manyyy
Teams here...
Mixture of talent levels.
Always team opportunities.

Top tier teams are pretty solid and would probably hand pick if they needed a player.

Not so much tryouts.

Maybe the new league play has created changes or need?
I've heard some do not want to drive during the week for games....so?

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
In so cal heard of teams in all age brackets have a few 2-3-4 players for whatever reason dropping off teams, or not wanting to play just yet.

We also have sooo manyyy
Teams here...
Mixture of talent levels.
Always team opportunities.

Top tier teams are pretty solid and would probably hand pick if they needed a player.

Not so much tryouts.

Maybe the new league play has created changes or need?
I've heard some do not want to drive during the week for games....so?

The teams she will be looking at are solid clubs from medium to large organizations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Good luck to your DD in finding a great fit! :)
She found a great fit. Small but not too small club. She really hit it off with all the girls (they played two friendlies on Sunday). They have outstanding pitchers and she clicked with a couple. Called the game herself and they seemed to be on the same page.

Coaches are all very nice. Head coach has a good record of assisting girls in getting scholarships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr