Fielders choice or hit?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2015
From the point at which the shortstop had possession of the ball (while not standing it appears), do you believe she had time to throw out the runner at first? If so, then FC. But if unsure, I believe you'd have to rule it a hit. The argument for the FC must be that the fielder could've made the play routinely once she had control of the ball. That's debatable, but I think it would've been beyond routine given the apparent level of play.
Correct. It also must be from the standpoint of no other confusion. If the bases were clear would she have fielded the ball and got her out at first. The SS was going to 2nd the whole time

Dec 15, 2018
CT
That this thread is 9 pages (not even including the 3 pages from the double post) is cray-zee.

And it reminds me that softball parents are insanely obsessed with stats (no, i'm not saying that all those who kept this thing alive are obsessed with stats), even when 83.4% of those stats are wrong.

It also reminds me how not looking at gamechanger this summer was the best decision I ever made for my own sanity.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
That this thread is 9 pages (not even including the 3 pages from the double post) is cray-zee.

And it reminds me that softball parents are insanely obsessed with stats (no, i'm not saying that all those who kept this thing alive are obsessed with stats), even when 83.4% of those stats are wrong.

It also reminds me how not looking at gamechanger this summer was the best decision I ever made for my own sanity.

I agree that many parents are too concerned about stats. For me, the interest is just in the rules of scoring. Obsession with that is probably just as cray-zee, I know.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The rules are an interesting thing when based on opinions!

Always found it amazing that people would haggle over one play/call in a game yet every batter has an Umpire using an opinion on there at bat,
...the entire game!

Oct 14, 2019
It’s funny how a weak grounder up the middle that barely clears the 2B with an OF overthrow becomes a line drive double on game changer.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Funniest story I've got concerns a friend who would keep score for his team. He was good at it. The coach questioned one of his decisions concerning the coach's daughter, basically told him to make it a hit instead of an error. My friend felt it was BS. I jokingly told him that he should go back and find an example of where he'd given the coach's daughter the benefit of the doubt and assigned a hit when it was an error. Well, he did that, finding an at-bat from like 5 weeks prior. So the coach got his way - the error was made a hit - but the scorekeeper made sure that her batting average stayed the same. :) Yeah, who was that who said cray-zee? Got that right. [I was an innocent bystander with this team, no daughter on it. I promise.]

Jun 8, 2016
Funniest story I've got concerns a friend who would keep score for his team. He was good at it. The coach questioned one of his decisions concerning the coach's daughter, basically told him to make it a hit instead of an error. My friend felt it was BS. I jokingly told him that he should go back and find an example of where he'd given the coach's daughter the benefit of the doubt and assigned a hit when it was an error. Well, he did that, finding an at-bat from like 5 weeks prior. So the coach got his way - the error was made a hit - but the scorekeeper made sure that her batting average stayed the same. :) Yeah, who was that who said cray-zee? Got that right. [I was an innocent bystander with this team, no daughter on it. I promise.]
I think that scorekeeper and I would get along quite well...sounds like something I would do ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amc2221