Fantastic HS Varsity Tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
We had such a great day. 3 HS games and won them all by pretty big margins. 2 were against bigger schools. We didn't know where DD would play, if at all, but she ended up starting all 3 games and had a great day. We were shocked that she got 3rd over the Senior that just got a D2 scholarship. She went 7 for 8 at the plate. After how last year went, I'm so happy for her. Celebrating tonight! I hope you all had a great weekend also!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Where was it? A regional type or local? My DD's old HS is playing in one of my fav's of the year this weekend, only an hour away and 30-40 schools enter it each year. Wish I was there, but had to work at the office today. :(

Oct 10, 2011
Great day.

Awesome. 7-8 is huge!!
We stayed home and got in the cage for an hour or so... not as exciting but a good day here too!
LOL, I'm just glad I got some sun! It might snow tomorrow. There were only 8 teams and our coach wanted to test us, so he requested a couple teams that were supposed to be good to be invited to see where we stand. I really enjoyed the defense more than ever before.

Oct 10, 2011
wow

Where was it? A regional type or local? My DD's old HS is playing in one of my fav's of the year this weekend, only an hour away and 30-40 schools enter it each year. Wish I was there, but had to work at the office today. :(
I wish we had a tournament that big. This was local with 2 teams traveling about 45 min to play us that we've never played.
Sorry you had to work. I work most Saturdays, so I know how you feel.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
LOL, I'm just glad I got some sun! It might snow tomorrow. There were only 8 teams and our coach wanted to test us, so he requested a couple teams that were supposed to be good to be invited to see where we stand. I really enjoyed the defense more than ever before.

I enjoy the smaller tourneys as much as the larger. The TB players on the HS teams love the format.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I wish we had a tournament that big. This was local with 2 teams traveling about 45 min to play us that we've never played.

We are very lucky to have 2 big ones within 1 hour and the other within 3 hours of home. The one 3 hours away pulls about 40-50 schools from a dozen states ( some real deal teams in that one ).

I hate working Saturdays, but I can get more done in one day with no one else in the office, than I can all week. lol

Oct 10, 2011
Saturday

We are very lucky to have 2 big ones within 1 hour and the other within 3 hours of home. The one 3 hours away pulls about 40-50 schools from a dozen states ( some real deal teams in that one ).

I hate working Saturdays, but I can get more done in one day with no one else in the office, than I can all week. lol
I thinking you're on DFP on Saturdays:)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I thinking you're on DFP on Saturdays:)

Haha, last Saturday in the office I had my ipad streaming my D2 nephew's game, my laptop streaming my D1 nephew's, my iphone for texting my brother and dad during, and the desktop on work related stuff. Needless to say I didn't get much done for 3 hours. :)

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
We had such a great day. 3 HS games and won them all by pretty big margins. 2 were against bigger schools. We didn't know where DD would play, if at all, but she ended up starting all 3 games and had a great day. We were shocked that she got 3rd over the Senior that just got a D2 scholarship. She went 7 for 8 at the plate. After how last year went, I'm so happy for her. Celebrating tonight! I hope you all had a great weekend also!

Congrats to your DD for a successful tourney! Don't celebrate too much and wake up with a terrible headache! Unfortunately, our first HS tourney isn't until April and it's supposed to be 30-40 teams. We leave immediately after for a Spring break tournament down in Myrtle Beach which is supposed to be even bigger. I can't wait!