Emily might be able to play!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
As some of you know about my dd (Emily) and what she went through with the brain surgery and all. I have been in contact with her nerosurgeon's asst. and others in his office. It sounds like if Emily's CT or cat scan comes back that her skull has fused back together. He may let her play again. Emily and I never stopped practicing. Emily will not take no for answer, no quit in this kid. I know she is my daughter and I'm bias, but I'm proud of the fact, that she could of just quit and said okay I'm never playing again. But she never did and has been working even harder. I wonder if I was wrong for letting her continue practicing, still not sure, if the answer is still no on playing. The Dr is worried about her getting hit hard in the head, me too. But he said that, she could have that happen anywhere doing many things. I guess, I will have to pray and leave it up to GOD.

p.s. she goes June 17th for her CT and appointment with her Dr.

That is awesome...I am sure she will be back stronger in many ways!

MARK 11:24!!!!24“Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you. (Not MIGHT be...not COULD be...be WILL be granted you)!

(I like to argue the bible too ;)

Jan 25, 2011
What about a Lacrosse helmet?

BTW - Prayers for you guys from here too! Although our DD's injuries are quite different, head compared to back, but I think I can really identify. Competitors were meant to compete! (swear to god my DD is about ready to chew off a limb in this forced down time and I bet yours is too)
We bought one, it was $300, now we are looking at the new Rawlings batting helmet, that the pro MLB players are wearing, but it will have both ear flaps, they are suppose to be good up to 100mph, I hope so they are $100 bucks. I will just have to get a mask and fit it myself. Was thinking about calling Rawlings myself and seeing if they have advice. The extra protection is right wear Emily's skull was cut open at and wear her metal clips and screws are, by the way Emily can feel the screws, but has no feeling anymore in that area. Funny note about it, Emily can no longer smell really nasty things, like a skunk.

Jan 25, 2011
What about a Lacrosse helmet?

BTW - Prayers for you guys from here too! Although our DD's injuries are quite different, head compared to back, but I think I can really identify. Competitors were meant to compete! (swear to god my DD is about ready to chew off a limb in this forced down time and I bet yours is too)
Prayers head your way to. I would love to meet all of you guys and girls someday. We need to have a big meeting someday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl