Easton FS1???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2010
I've never heard of this bat and yet I purchased it today for quite a bit of money. I went to buy a 2012 Easton Stealth at our local sporting good store and came home with this FS1. When I went in and told them what I was looking for they showed me this bat. I told them I was a little confused cause I had owned a stealth in the past and it was purple and white and from what I could tell they always had been. They told me that this bat was taking the place of the purple and white stealth. Does anyone know if this is true or are they giving me a line? :confused:

These are the specs for the bat: (If anyone could give me some links to some reviews of this bat that would be helpful)

Easton FS1
Black bat with yellow writing
Model #FP1351
Length 33" Weight 22 oz
Evenly balanced design GSR2715 2 piece design
Massive sweet spot
CXN
NSA2012

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/pict/271103700407_1.jpg

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I
I've never heard of this bat and yet I purchased it today for quite a bit of money. I went to buy a 2012 Easton Stealth at our local sporting good store and came home with this FS1. When I went in and told them what I was looking for they showed me this bat. I told them I was a little confused cause I had owned a stealth in the past and it was purple and white and from what I could tell they always had been. They told me that this bat was taking the place of the purple and white stealth. Does anyone know if this is true or are they giving me a line? :confused:

These are the specs for the bat: (If anyone could give me some links to some reviews of this bat that would be helpful)

Easton FS1
Black bat with yellow writing
Model #FP1351
Length 33" Weight 22 oz
Evenly balanced design GSR2715 2 piece design
Massive sweet spot
CXN
NSA2012

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/pict/271103700407_1.jpg

Yes. That is the 2013 model. Little is known about it yet, except that Easton says a main goal was to strengthen the connection.

And they look cool!

Oct 10, 2011
Fs1

We have one and DD loves it but we haven't had it outside yet. It seems hot in the cages though.
Easton rep told me it is the EXACT same barrel as the Stealth and as RHC said, with a new handle.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2010
I

Yes. That is the 2013 model. Little is known about it yet, except that Easton says a main goal was to strengthen the connection.

And they look cool![/QUOTE.

Yes they look pretty sharp but for $300 I really really hope they have the same performance as the original purple & white.

Oct 10, 2011
DD says it feels stiffer, and heavier than her CF5. She likes the grip better also. We paid 240.00 with an online coupon from Dicks. Some reviews I've read from former Stealth owners is that the performance is at least as good, but it feels a little stiffer. I read on one forum that at least on some slow pitch bats...Easton just did a re-paint of last years model and they still have the old scratched off serial numbers under the grip. Maybe they did that on the FS1 barrel. It would make sense business wise and I'd be happy with that given its good reputation for being hot. I believe there are 2 NCAA strikes against the Stealth.

Mar 22, 2010
Ok from what I've read on that Softball Fans website (which most of the bats they talk about are slowpitch, which I really don't care about) it seems like the FS1 that I bought is a 2 piece bat which seems like what I want but then when I looked it up on youtube it said that the fs series were used more for slapping and the fx series were more for power hitting. She definetly isn't a slapper. She is one of 2 or 3 power hitters on her upcoming middle school team. I can't find a whole lot of reviews on it other than this site and the softball fan site I guess because it is so new. I just hate to buy the wrong bat for what it's purpose will be. Especially since I gave $300.Easton Fastpitch 'Personalize Your Power' - YouTube But then again the Stealth, for which these are taking the place of, weren't end loaded either so I'm just completely confused. I probably cant' get it exchanged in time for xmas but I need to know if I need to take it back after xmas cause I know if I don't have some sort of answer for her (and her daddy) by xmas morning they will have the plastic wrap ripped off of it and out in the yard using it first thing. LOL

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Just a guess...I think the fs1 is the upgrade to the white and purple -10 stealth and the fx1 is the upgrade to the black and purple -9 stealth. Just watching the sponsored d1 teams last year, I saw a lot of power hitters with the white and purple stealth. IMO it just comes down to if you like a -10 or -9.

Mar 22, 2010
Just a guess...I think the fs1 is the upgrade to the white and purple -10 stealth and the fx1 is the upgrade to the black and purple -9 stealth. Just watching the sponsored d1 teams last year, I saw a lot of power hitters with the white and purple stealth. IMO it just comes down to if you like a -10 or -9.

Ok thank you, thank you, thank you redhotcoach.!!!!;) That makes sense to me. I feel much better now. Sorry everyone. :confused: Sometimes I just need things dumbed down for me. If that is the case I think I'll be happy with my purchase. I've seen many many girls using the white and purple stealth but I don't think I've been to a tournament yet where I've seen the purple and black. I'm not really sure why but I'm sure there is a reason. Anyway...thank you for explaining it in a way that I can understand. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06