Question about warranty

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I was buying of season Xenos from Core for $175, dd would use them for a year and then I selling them for about that on eBay or locally. By the time it was over, dd could use a bat for as long as she wanted and it would cost $20. I would jokingly tell my wife it was a $20 Bat Rental Program.

I was able to do that a couple of times...buy a new one on clearance, use it for a while, and then sell it for nearly what I paid. I did train DD early on to hit nothing but softballs with her good bats, and I mean nothing. Not machine balls, not TCBs, cleats, or even the ground. Bat went back in the bag between ABs. It's amazing the wear put on bats simply by banging them on metal cleats or bouncing them around in the dugout.

Feb 24, 2022
I was able to do that a couple of times...buy a new one on clearance, use it for a while, and then sell it for nearly what I paid. I did train DD early on to hit nothing but softballs with her good bats, and I mean nothing. Not machine balls, not TCBs, cleats, or even the ground. Bat went back in the bag between ABs. It's amazing the wear put on bats simply by banging them on metal cleats or bouncing them around in the dugout.
Girls banging their $500 bats on the plate is like nails on a chalkboard for me. There is a girl that we grew up playing with that was the WORST at doing this, I think she still does it at 16U!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Girls banging their $500 bats on the plate is like nails on a chalkboard for me. There is a girl that we grew up playing with that was the WORST at doing this, I think she still does it at 16U!
One of my good friends bought his daughter a brand new Xeno for her birthday in May 2017. She brought it to the first LL game after her gift and by accident left it behind that night. Some local kids found the bat in the dugout and decided to hit rocks, bang the fence, and beat the bat to death that same night. When my friend returned the following day to find the bat, he found it destroyed. And because it wasn't broken by regular use, there was no warranty on the bat.

That was the last time she ever treated her equipment with anything but kid gloves.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Banging cleats bother me soooo much...haha

Kid takes a bat and all you hear is smack, smack, smack off the cleats....ughhh

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022
I’ve mentioned in another bag thread, got my 12 year old who played rep hall a Ghost last spring. I read all the horror stories on how they break easily. I figured sure, maybe for those college girls but should be a problem for a 12 year old girls. First game, she hit three foul balls. Inspected the bat after the game, sure enough, a shark tooth crack! I know our early spring games can be cold up here but come on!

She played the rest of the season with it and got a replacement at the end of the season. The replacement will be too small for her for next season so it will be going to her sister.
I got her a Demarini CF11 to finish the season in case her cracked Ghost got thrown out. Will likely get her a new Ghost at the beginning of the season with the CF11 as her back up.

Dec 11, 2010
Steve those are two wildly different swinging bats.

And college players break less bats than young kids.

Oct 9, 2020
As far as used bats, I always used to go by the half of retail thought process. If a retail bat
was 399...a NEW NR bat would be 200. If its a used NR bat, you go from there.

But Im telling you, used bat prices are crazy. I have seen people selling all over FB...New NR bats
going for prices that I charge for brand new fully returnable. Seen used bats going for just under that.
Its crazy. If you are going to take the chance on a used bat, you have to keep in mind the chance of
it breaking...and think about that when buying and what you are paying.

Like WW said, you have no idea the backstory on a used NR bat. Nobody will tell you the amount
of REAL swings on it, what they hit with it...nothing. They are trying to sell their bat.

BTW, I am NOT against buying used bats at all...especially the really small sizes that a kid will outgrow
in a month...haha. BUT, I am against overpaying for used bats because there is no protection for you
Get with Core! Best in the business, I usually sell the replacement.... Then use that towards a new stick from Core... Great service, quick turnaround and great prices.... Just my 2 cents.....

Feb 15, 2017
And your bat has a warranty you might as well use the warranty even if you're a week away from the expiration of said warranty. Fun fact, most Visa cards extend your warranty for an additional year from date of purchase.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee