Does PRESSURE~

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2019
My middle DD is a gamer. Practices, she just seems to get through them...drives me nuts. But game pressure, late innings and behind, with girls on base, she does very well batting and also defensively in the field. Much better than I ever thought of being when I was young. Girl on her team is a phenom in practice, has yet to show much in a game. You just don't know what a kid is made of until that late game pressure situation. DD does very well. I complemented her on it one day driving down the road. She replied, "pressure is in the classroom, not on the field" LOL. She struggles in the classroom but still has 6 A's for every B - but she has to work hard at it.

Mar 10, 2020
Pressure situations put the game on the line. Can see uncertainty on players faces before the play even begins. Often exposed at tryouts. An emotion they wear called fear.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
My middle DD is a gamer. Practices, she just seems to get through them...drives me nuts. But game pressure, late innings and behind, with girls on base, she does very well batting and also defensively in the field. Much better than I ever thought of being when I was young. Girl on her team is a phenom in practice, has yet to show much in a game.

You just don't know what a kid is made of until that late game pressure situation.
⬆️This is possibly one of the bigger reasons why college coaches want to see players in games before recruiting.
In game pressure.

DD does very well. I complemented her on it one day driving down the road. She replied, "pressure is in the classroom, not on the field" LOL. She struggles in the classroom but still has 6 A's for every B - but she has to work hard at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amc2221