DD Swing Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Why must you ALWAYS fail to offer help. He asked what he needs to work on, not just look. FFS what should this parent start with first/second to fix this swing????

Stever, I was responding to the comment “What she has is a golf swing” by do-over.

Do-over was not requesting assistance.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Stever, FFS provided me with lots of knowledge. Sure his bedside manor needs a little work but he aint getting paid so I deal with it. Im sure his students are good hitters. The most valuable thing he has taught me was 'cocking' the top wrist. He has a term for it but I forgot. Worked with my brother(golfer, baseball card collector) on this and he hit two monster shots in his beer league softball game the next day. Took my DD to the cage a few weeks ago and tried it out. She was hitting the ball hard, real hard. I asked her 'feel a difference'? She smiled and said 'yes!'. On the drive home after the session she brought it up again. She said 'I cant believe what a difference it makes. Ive said I noticed a difference before but it didnt feel like this. Its crazy.'

Thanks FFS

May 20, 2015
Stever, I was responding to the comment “What she has is a golf swing” by do-over.

Do-over was not requesting assistance.

True.
For the record, I was referring to finishing over/on top of the front leg. Contrast that with against/behind the front leg.

Apr 28, 2015
Ok, now that the season is over, we are going to fix this. Began working on FBC today but she's not quite getting it. There is a lot of up and down movement when she does it. I just told her to look at a couple of clips of Cabrera and study them a little. I had her do the one leg drill and the FBC was decent, but she couldn't put it into her stance. She doesn't stride right now so maybe that will help her? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 13, 2012
Turn the barrel first. Just doing that alone increases the square rate 30% or more.

Stick the bat in the neck slot (handle against neck), and have her hit a high pitch from a tee. Try to pull the bat apart at the handle.

FBC is not as simple as it seems. What most term FBC is a surefire way to push the bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom