Game of inches…not really

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
I’ve always heard softball is a game of inches. Inches between success and failure. In reality I think it’s really a game of millimeters. Somehow my kiddos swing got randomly all jacked out of sequence this summer and she’s struggled like she’s never struggled before losing so much pop hitting just lazy fly ball after lazy fly ball. Unfortunately it’s taken all this time and multiple videos to several different people to figure out that she was moving all back all forward for some reason and not getting any stretch or bat lag to create the whip through the zone. Now that we know hopefully we can begin to fix it. I don’t think this is something she has always struggled with as she’s always been a solid hitter, I have no idea why it started other than that she has always been a bit of an anxious hitter at the plate and we faced some sub par pitching and she was really out in front and rushing. Who knows…let’s hope she can reset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
I assume she has a hitting coach. Were you not sending game video to him/her? ABAF (assuming that is what it is..) shouldn’t be too hard to see..

Aug 5, 2022
Yes she has a hitting coach but it just wasn’t obvious…not sure why…she hit well today after working through some drills yesterday. She’ll continue to work that specifically to resume her muscle memory until we leave for PGF.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I’ve always heard softball is a game of inches. Inches between success and failure. In reality I think it’s really a game of millimeters. Somehow my kiddos swing got randomly all jacked out of sequence this summer and she’s struggled like she’s never struggled before losing so much pop hitting just lazy fly ball after lazy fly ball. Unfortunately it’s taken all this time and multiple videos to several different people to figure out that she was moving all back all forward for some reason and not getting any stretch or bat lag to create the whip through the zone. Now that we know hopefully we can begin to fix it. I don’t think this is something she has always struggled with as she’s always been a solid hitter, I have no idea why it started other than that she has always been a bit of an anxious hitter at the plate and we faced some sub par pitching and she was really out in front and rushing. Who knows…let’s hope she can reset

Millimeters or milliseconds? Physical or mental? This wonderful game can quickly humble a person ;)

Aug 20, 2017

Share some video if you can! You’ll get some good feedback and at least an argument or two 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles