Catch the whip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 21, 2020
I'm glad I helped in the past.

I'm sorry, I don't exactly follow what being stacked means. Please don't get too bogged down with these things (almost like buzzwords) such as "Front side resistance". I'm not suggesting it's unimportant. I am saying sometimes we can to fix things that aren't broken or worry about that while neglecting something that does need more attention. Good luck with it.

I understand what you mean by fixing something that isn’t broken. I guess that goes with the saying “fix one thing and something else goes wrong”

You said in your first comment that you seen 3 things that stood out to you? Would you willing to share your expert advice.
And with those 3 things are they absolutes that need fixed before working on anything else.

Thank you! I appreciate your time and knowledge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022
I'm glad I helped in the past.

I'm sorry, I don't exactly follow what being stacked means. Please don't get too bogged down with these things (almost like buzzwords) such as "Front side resistance". I'm not suggesting it's unimportant. I am saying sometimes we can to fix things that aren't broken or worry about that while neglecting something that does need more attention. Good luck with it.

It's not something I say because if the drive is correct, it likely won't be an issue, but I *think* staying stacked means to finish shoulder over hip over knee. I've never actually asked anyone, but I believe that's what they're referring to.

Nov 8, 2018
Updated videos any suggestions on her mechanics? Still pulling shoulder some any drills you would suggest.

This young lady has a lot of talent I can see. Biggest issue I have is with how she is trying so hard to get open and open early. She’s not even detached and her shoulders are already turned. Being so open so early makes it hard for her to get her hips around. She does however which is surprising but at the cost of forcing those shoulders closed as well.
See if she could lead with the knee more. Not look to try to open her body. It should happen naturally. This will create more separation especially if she doesn’t try to ouch the ball with her shoulder.
Couple things to look for. Shoulders and hips at the catcher at 3. She should be detached as well by 3. That will take some work on her drive. However if she focuses on drive first and not turning early it may fix the drive. Second thing is stabilizing the shoulders so they dont over rotate which effects the arm bend and lag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles