Catch the whip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 21, 2020
Videos of last night. Anyone have any suggestions? She is working hard.. Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to watch and help her! We really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2018
Videos of last night. Anyone have any suggestions? She is working hard.. Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to watch and help her! We really appreciate it!

Biggest thing here is she is pre opening. Should t open so soon. Wait till at least 3 if not 2 or 1:30. And last but not least posture at release. Stand tall young lady.

Jan 25, 2022
Whatever the case it appears my advice helped.
emoji6.png

What specifically helped her to start making progress? Any specific drill or cue?

Apr 21, 2020
What specifically helped her to start making progress? Any specific drill or cue?

When she was bent over and arm straight. I made her get back into that position and had her try to get into an elbow lead position. She was unable to do it….then, I had her rotate or move her her hips forward so she could get the arm into the slot. She seemed to understand where her body needed to be to get into elbow lead.. I hope I made sense.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
When she was bent over and arm straight. I made her get back into that position and had her try to get into an elbow lead position. She was unable to do it….then, I had her rotate or move her her hips forward so she could get the arm into the slot. She seemed to understand where her body needed to be to get into elbow lead.. I hope I made sense.

Keep up the good work.

Jan 28, 2017
I would really work on the 2nd push starting as the stride foot crosses the pitching plate. This could possibly help her body get in better position to accept her whip.

SETPRO

DFP Vendor
Dec 28, 2023
I'm new to posting here but I have a particular interest in how the body creates optimum movement for things such as throwing and swinging.

Most recently to open discussion on what constitutes fastpitch "whipping action".

Before posting here I did some "research". My research is to look for postings/discussions asking for help and showing videos of players. Your daughter is one of the players I looked at. From my perspective she is doing a lot of things right. my opinion is her biggest opportunity for improvement is creating a more effective IR, Internal Rotation.

Currently she's trying to IR but not really succeeding.

In order to create effective/maximum IR there must be a bend at the elbow. This bend in the elbow creates an axis of rotation with respect to the upper arm for the forearm to couple/transfer the internal rotation of the upper arm to the forearm rotating the forearm toward the mid line of the body. This multiplies the rotational angular velocity of the upper arm by the length of the forearm causing the forearm to rapidly accelerate toward the mid line of the body and along with it the softball which may also induce a snap of the wrist.

This link I think has some direct applicability to your daughter especially Ken Krause observation post #3.

Also critical to creating maximum effect is the action of the upper shoulders. There needs to be a sequence of abduction-abduction i.e. pinching back and then pinching back together again which aids in the creation of IR.

Hope this is of some help.

Jan 25, 2022
I've read through this whole thread and I still don't know what's trying to be achieved by the discussion.

I'm also about 10% suspicious that setpro is a real person, but testing some A.I. software. Forum discussion A.I. or something. The writing style has a very "A.I. generated search results" feel to it.

No offense. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles