DD is going to be surprised to learn what kickback means.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2016
DD2 practices pitching with me regularly. Though she has a bucket of balls next to her when she is in the circle, for some reason she has certain, favorite balls she likes to use, and only wants to use those.

I have a disability. I cannot squat, but I can bend over enough to give her a target with my mitt. My condition prevents me from bend down all the way to pick up balls off the ground. So if her pitches are wild, I cannot throw the ball back to her.

The agreement I have with her is if her pitch is too far from me the ball has to sit there until she finishes the bucket. Plenty of times she makes pitches easy for me to catch, and obviously I throw it back to her. If her pitch is close enough that I should have caught, but I miss it, I will kick the ball back to her. Sometimes she jokingly argues with me that her pitch was close enough and says, "I deserve a kickback."

I quietly chuckle to myself whenever she says that, and wish I could see her face when she finally learns what the word kickback means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maddadlopez