Cruising speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
This comments regarding various age groups in this thread are pointless. Everybody posting has probably seen less than 0.1% of all pitchers in any given age group..

The P5 question is more tractable and from what I have seen (considering both the top, middle and bottom of P5 teams) I would say average cruising speed is probably somewhere around 63-65 mph.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
This thread is pointless. Everybody posting has probably seen less than 0.1% of all pitchers in any given age group..
Actually, that wasn't the point of the post. It asked about Power 5 pitchers, not all age groups. If people watch college softball, they've probably seen a fair amount of pitchers, wouldn't you say?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
This comments regarding various age groups in this thread are pointless. Everybody posting has probably seen less than 0.1% of all pitchers in any given age group..

The P5 question is more tractable and from what I have seen (considering both the top, middle and bottom of P5 teams) I would say average cruising speed is probably somewhere around 63-65 mph.
I would agree with your numbers. Even some of the top performers last season were 62-63, like Gabby Plain from U of W.

Jun 8, 2016
DD’s team picked up a kid for this coming season, who also played for DD’s team a few years ago (good kid, DD is happy she is playing with her again), who cruised around 63,64 last spring (see below). While she is doing well in HS as a freshmen, she was far from unhittable in TB.

4A7AD6CD-D6CD-437E-B64E-1B661564A73A.jpeg

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
DD’s team picked up a kid for this coming season, who also played for DD’s team a few years ago (good kid, DD is happy she is playing with her again), who cruised around 63,64 last spring (see below). While she is doing well in HS as a freshmen, she was far from unhittable in TB.

View attachment 26477
What age?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA