Cruising speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 9, 2021
View attachment 28332

Some game (median) numbers from Sparkler 14U Power pool. I think these were blast numbers so not sure how they compare to pocket radar.
Doesn't surprise me to see 14U kids over 60, but I'd like to see the CSE numbers using the Rapsodo or a radar gun. We saw some good pitching in Colorado (16U), but it was the exception not the rule. Our team hit well over .400 on the week.

Jun 8, 2016
Doesn't surprise me to see 14U kids over 60, but I'd like to see the CSE numbers using the Rapsodo or a radar gun. We saw some good pitching in Colorado (16U), but it was the exception not the rule. Our team hit well over .400 on the week.
Not that this proves anything but the first kid (Baker) is on DD's team and that median number is pretty close to her pocket radar numbers. Same thing with Laird who we face a decent amount. Plus 62,63 right down the middle is hittable for a good hitter, even at 14U..(heck, when Baker played the top teams if she missed they didn't..)

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021
Not that this proves anything but the first kid (Baker) is on DD's team and that median number is pretty close to her pocket radar numbers. Same thing with Laird who we face a decent amount.
Like I said, does not suprise me. We played against a 16U team a few weeks ago with a 2026 girl throwing 65+. DD velocity was up in Colorado as well. But her movement was not as good. Thin air I suppose. We'll see this weekend at sea level if it changes.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Like I said, does not suprise me. We played against a 16U team a few weeks ago with a 2026 girl throwing 65+. DD velocity was up in Colorado as well. But her movement was not as good. Thin air I suppose. We'll see this weekend at sea level if it changes.
That was the case in Colorado for everyone: small strike zones, thin air, and low humidity made for balls flying everywhere.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Not to be that guy (ok..I am that guy), but humid air is less dense so low humidity actually causes a ball to travel less.. ;)
Yes, you are, but I won't hold it against you. For my daughter, the more humid air makes it easier to grip the ball for her spin pitches.

Aug 9, 2021
That was the case in Colorado for everyone: small strike zones, thin air, and low humidity made for balls flying everywhere.
Strike zones were crazy and inconsistent...worse than the weather. LOL! I'm not one to complain about umps but some of them were great and some of them were just plain awful. Re the air: we are a good hitting team but we hit over 25 bombs at the tournament. Ridiculous.

Jun 8, 2016
Strike zones were crazy and inconsistent...worse than the weather. LOL! I'm not one to complain about umps but some of them were great and some of them were just plain awful. Re the air: we are a good hitting team but we hit over 25 bombs at the tournament. Ridiculous.
Just make sure to put an asterisk on the GC pitching stats for CO (or maybe you can ask them to put a park adjustment button on there)..it will be ok ;)

Aug 9, 2021
Just make sure to put an asterisk on the GC pitching stats for CO (or maybe you can ask them to put a park adjustment button on there)..it will be ok ;)
Which way does the asterisk face? That our pitchers pitched well or that the team hit well? Maybe there should be a grain of salt emoji. 😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad