Weights and differences between a 2022 DeMarini CF -10 and -9

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 2, 2022
Hello there. My 14 y.o. daughter has come to the conclusion that she wants to stay with a CF...I had told her that we would buy here a new bat for HS (she is finishing 8th grade next month), but we are going to get her the new bat now so she can use it in tournaments this summer.

I bought here a used 33/23 2016 CF Hope last summer, and she had a great tournament season, and I think it is a testament to the CF that a 2016 bat is still alive and kicking! She is a pretty big girl (5'7", 120), and always hits in the middle of the order. In talking with her hitting coach, she thinks that it might make sense to move from the -10 to the -9 (33/24).

So a few questions:

1) It is my understanding that the 2022 and 2023 CF have the same construction - can anyone confirm this?

2) The primary construction difference between the -10 and the -9 is the Tremor End Cap on the -9. Is that what might give the bat a little more of a "barrel-weighted" feel?

3) The CF is generally thought of as a "balanced-weighted" bat. Does that feel change with the -9? I bought her a used 33/23 LXT last summer and she really did not like it.

4) Following up on that, will the -9 CF feel more like the -10 LXT; i.e. a more barrel-weighted feel?

4) My sense is the CF's actual weight seem to be right on the money (if even slightly light). I looked in the bat weight database, and I did not see the 2022 CF's there. Can anyone confirm the actual weights of the 2022 -10 and -9 CF's?

Thanks!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Hi,

Yes, the 22 and 23 are very similar bats. The difference between the two sizes you mentioned is the Tracer versus Tremor end caps. The Tremor is supposed to provide a more end-loaded feel than the Tracer, which is on the -11 and -10 sizes.

DeMarini bats are always close to weight with the CF models. The ones we have weighed at the store are close to the sticker, unlike the Whisper, which is about an ounce overweight. The -9 will be more end-loaded than the -10, so don't expect the light swing feel of her 2016 CF.

If you need any help, feel free to give me a call. We have a few in stock, and I think you will like the price.

Nov 18, 2015
Thank you bebop - going through the same process right now. If we don't get rained out (again), my daughter will hopefully decide between the CF and the Meta.

Thanks for the weighting info on the CF- she's asked to move to a 33/-9 - I will let her know about the shift to a more end-loaded feel for the -9.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
This is a pic of a 33/23 CF (maroon and gold) and a 33/24 CF (black and grey) side by side. The center of mass is indicated by the yellow electrical tape. It was the only thing that I had to mark the bats with, the center of the tape is where the balance point is.

The -9 is slighly more end loaded. I (and DD) much prefer the -9
1683910215555.png

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
DD is a 5'10" 145lb college freshman. Still swings a 33/23 Demarini. Batted .444 this year with 10 HR, no need add the extra weight thinking it will equal power. Main thing is, swing what she is comfortable with, that matters most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478