Coaches Refuse Team Picture

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Win or lose, I never get in a team picture. It is the girls' moment. No need for an ugly fat(ish) guy to be in the picture with them.

Jul 6, 2013
"But have yet to beat us"

I try to avoid the team photo like the plague. It's not about me. Especially when it is the two team photo following the championship game. Having said this, though, the above quote tells me a little something about the way this "rivalry" is viewed, and likely by the coaches as well. It is really irrelevant information in the post, but you felt the need to include it. Possibly some of you as parents respond this way at tournaments and the like, and the opposing coaches don't like feeling patronized.

Btw, how did you both go into the championship game undefeated? Single elimination tournament?

Feb 3, 2011
No brainer. You go out in that situation and take the pictures at a minimum. In auto racing they orchestrate this sort of thing all the time. If the other coaches are acting like sore losers than they are not representing the organization properly. How childish to act improperly as the adults in the situation. (I don't buy the 'only kids in the picture' rationale, they could come out and say that/agree with your team on that.)

It is a game, people, probably one of the first of many tourneys this season and already acting like that? Going to be a long season for them. If I were head of the org, I would take it up with those coaches immediately and make sure it never happens again.

I know you like to reference baseball often, but auto racing? With all due respect, you're really, really wrong here. The game belongs to the girls, not to the coaches. Our team lost to a sister team in the championship yesterday, too, and no coaches were included in any of the photos. The moment is the players', not ours and none of our egos is so fragile (at least on this particular subject!) that we HAVE to be in the pics to PROVE to Facebook we were involved in the outcome.

Jun 7, 2013
The coaches were courteous post-game and that is all would expect. Getting in a picture is optional and declining to do so should not be held against them.

Jul 12, 2012
On the bleachers
"Have yet to beat us" was not a stab at them but feeling proud of the way our girls played. We are usually the youngest 14U team in every tournament and carry 3 true second year 12U girls. I would NEVER rub anyone's nose in a loss, so that was not how I meant it. I can't speak for all the parents on our team but I can for myself. I don't ever under estimate opponents, even if the girls have beat them 4 out of 5 times and I tell my DD the same thing. We have experienced losses of our own that were hard to swallow. Whether we just didn't show up and play well or the other team was just a little better that day. Maybe he did think it was all about the girls and wasn't sulking. I'll give him that. But if your thinking is that it is about the girls and your girls were asking you to join in the photo, would you?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Nov 29, 2009
Maybe they wanted to be like Bruce Jenner. They'll come out eventually!

Finkle & Einhorn?????
Finkle & Einhorn?????
Finkle & Einhorn?????
Finkle & Einhorn?????
Finkle & Einhorn?????
Finkle & Einhorn?????

Einhorn is Finkle!!!!
Finkel is Einhorn!!!!

Nov 29, 2009
The only team photos I get in are the official team pictures or if we place well enough to get some hardware. Other than that.. It's not NASCAR... I don't need to be in every team picture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207