Pitching work

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2019
I'll say my daughter's coach has recently started using a Rapsodo and the speed numbers on it and the pocket radar numbers of the same pitch are not the same at all.
Say more. When I watched the rapsodo was 1mph ish slower but quite close. How different are they and is the pocket radar correctly positioned?

Jun 29, 2023
I
Say more. When I watched the rapsodo was 1mph ish slower but quite close. How different are they and is the pocket radar correctly positioned?

I don't know if it is the cold or not great lighting or what but heard there was a 9mph difference for 1 girl. I think -3 to -4 was said to be the most common.

May 18, 2019
I

I don't know if it is the cold or not great lighting or what but heard there was a 9mph difference for 1 girl. I think -3 to -4 was said to be the most common.
That's crazy. Seems like one of of the devices may be incorrectly positioned or miscalibrated.

Jun 29, 2023
So I talked to a baseball guy tonight about the rapsodo. For him he thinks it's usually adds a mile an hour. He thinks we don't have our distance set right in the machine and that's why the numbers are so far off. Again, I'm pretty knew to trying to capture speed numbers so I'm not sure.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
So I talked to a baseball guy tonight about the rapsodo. For him he thinks it's usually adds a mile an hour. He thinks we don't have our distance set right in the machine and that's why the numbers are so far off. Again, I'm pretty knew to trying to capture speed numbers so I'm not sure.
I was just looking at a Rapsodo setup video. Along with distance and tilt angle there is an alignment adjustment, it must be aimed at the pitcher. I'm thinking that if the unit gets bumped by a ball it might need to be recalibrated and aligned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles