Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I’m w CL here. She isn’t in posture the last few updates. it’s making her ABAF. Which is a timing nightmare. Initially I had you learn shin/spine stance to dorsiflex Camerons ankles. she’s quad dominant right now. there is no resistance. you can use a posture change load like CL recommended. You can use the back heel. back knee, dorsiflexion etc. it’s what fits for the player. I like All of them. They all accomplish the goal.

you could try the bucket drill from Carlton salters. I would just emphasize staying in your heel. And staying straight.

Nov 26, 2020
I feel a little bit like I’m failing her. This weekend is likely her last 10u tournament and with the extra five feet I think now is a good time to make some adjustments. I can’t get her over the hump in posture, Palm up palm down etc. She’s going to a high level baseball place called Cressey Performance. I was checking out the lead instructors Instagram and I think it matches up with the philosophy.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I feel a little bit like I’m failing her. This weekend is likely her last 10u tournament and with the extra five feet I think now is a good time to make some adjustments. I can’t get her over the hump in posture, Palm up palm down etc. She’s going to a high level baseball place called Cressey Performance. I was checking out the lead instructors Instagram and I think it matches up with the philosophy.

cressey is good. $$$$ though. I think you’re putting her in good hands though.

the posture thing is related to her pelvis. She anterior tilts (arched back) it some in set up. Pushes her into her quads. If youve read here about a flat back at set up. That’s what is needed to stay in posture. Along w a good glute load.

Jun 8, 2016
Good luck. Hope she enjoys herself..at the end of the day that is the most important thing with all of this despite how serious some of us Dads take this ;)

Nov 26, 2020
Good luck. Hope she enjoys herself..at the end of the day that is the most important thing with all of this despite how serious some of us Dads take this ;)
That’s the idea. This is almost preemptive. She’s loving it right now because she is contributing and successful. I think that the transition to 12u will bring challenges.

Jun 8, 2016
I think that the transition to 12u will bring challenges.
The transition from 10's to 12's is more of an issue for pitchers from what I have seen. I wouldn't worry about it too much tbh. Like I said , us Dads tend to overthink things sometimes ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott