Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
First lesson on Friday he just worked on her staying centered and swinging hard. He put a bat on the ground and said not to have her belly button stray too far over the middle. We played a tournament this past weekend which the girls won. Cameron hit the ball hard on Saturday and almost exclusively pulled it. On Sunday she was more back to hitting to the right side and weaker contact. She ended up 11-19 with 8 RBI's, 6 runs, 0 BB, 0 SO. Stats were better than reality.

Nov 26, 2020
First lesson on Friday he just worked on her staying centered and swinging hard. He put a bat on the ground and said not to have her belly button stray too far over the middle. We played a tournament this past weekend which the girls won. Cameron hit the ball hard on Saturday and almost exclusively pulled it. On Sunday she was more back to hitting to the right side and weaker contact. She ended up 11-19 with 8 RBI's, 6 runs, 0 BB, 0 SO. Stats were better than reality.
And also to be more grounded. On her heels rather than toes

Oct 2, 2017
Thats great! Changes take a long while to set in, especially to transfer to hitting against live pitching.

Nov 26, 2020
Here’s a swing from the lesson today. I don’t see a ton of difference just yet.

Oct 2, 2017
Here’s a swing from the lesson today. I don’t see a ton of difference just yet.

It will take time. If you don't mind me asking,what have they worked with her on?

Oct 2, 2017
He wants to make sure she stays more back after her foot lands and he wants the back leg deeper and not coming so far forward. Also a lot of palm up extension and longer finish.

Interesting! she'll get there. Keep at it. Did he or she give the reason why they believe she is doing what she is doing that needs correction?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I’m gonna try again w a different example. I shouldn’t bc she has a coach. but he apparently has skipped over this. Or maybe hasn’t gotten there yet.

Nov 26, 2020
I’m gonna try again w a different example. I shouldn’t bc she has a coach. but he apparently has skipped over this. Or maybe hasn’t gotten there yet.

Thanks! I just sent him the video I posted so he can break it down. I appreciate this as I do drop hints of what I think we need to work on.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449