Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Ok. I would just be careful with the side toss. I can if over done cause some issues the swing if not careful. Because the ball is coming in from the side.

Oct 2, 2017
We did some one handed swings and trying to get her front elbow away from her side and out in front. Not a lot of success and it looks like she is just rolling over very quickly. As we move into 12u she needs to hit the ball harder. In games she extends down after contact and I’m trying to use the front elbow as a trigger to get her get thru the ball. Any suggestion?

What do you mean by using the front elbow as a trigger?

Oct 2, 2017
Out and up as opposed to tucked to her side and moving down.
I think we need to fix the hand path to accompish this.

IMO only, the first thing I would do, would be to slow the tempo down. Not quantity of swings, but quality. So IOW don't let her just get the bat on her shoulder tap it and bring it up and out and go. force her to get into her stance first, put the bat on the shoulder, then raise it up and wait till its time to go. Treat it like a game situation. That way she is building good habits not reinforcing bad ones. Record it then see what she looks like.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
We did some one
IMO only, the first thing I would do, would be to slow the tempo down. Not quantity of swings, but quality. So IOW don't let her just get the bat on her shoulder tap it and bring it up and out and go. force her to get into her stance first, put the bat on the shoulder, then raise it up and wait till its time to go. Treat it like a game situation. That way she is building good habits not reinforcing bad ones. Record it then see what she looks like.

same sentiments.

Nov 26, 2020
We slowed it down a lot last night and did a lot of swings without a ball. Here’s her effort with the ball. Lots of stuff going on here liking the bat getting behind her head which is atypical. We will get there.

Oct 2, 2017
We slowed it down a lot last night and did a lot of swings without a ball. Here’s her effort with the ball. Lots of stuff going on here liking the bat getting behind her head which is atypical. We will get there.

She will get there. IMO - The stuff that you chasing, has to do with the mental understanding that she has of how to initiate the forward move. It will not change until this metal understanding changes. Take everything that I'm saying with a grain of salt LOL

Most kids will view the "Loading" Patter to be back then forward.
InkedIMG_2906-900x794_LI.jpg

Hers is First move Coil everything initiated first by the hands, but overall its everything being coiled, along with moving forward. Its a false FBC movement Pattern, This also makes her unload the bat around in a circle.

InkedIMG_2906-900x794_LI2.jpg

IMO she needs to think of more Front and A$$. This will allow the arms and hands to work properly and create, the stretch that is needed. If you have her think of sticking her Butt out behind her, she will get into her heel, you will find that she will naturally coil to some degree, and control her forward move better. She would even stay square to the plate better. JMO
InkedBatting+Practice+soft+toss_LI.jpg

Attachments

• InkedIMG_2906-900x794_LI.jpg
    951.7 KB · Views: 2
  • InkedIMG_2906-900x794_LI2.jpg
    977.7 KB · Views: 2
  • InkedBatting+Practice+soft+toss_LI.jpg
    978.5 KB · Views: 2
Nov 26, 2020
She will get there. IMO - The stuff that you chasing, has to do with the mental understanding that she has of how to initiate the forward move. It will not change until this metal understanding changes. Take everything that I'm saying with a grain of salt LOL

Most kids will view the "Loading" Patter to be back then forward.

Hers is First move Coil everything initiated first by the hands, but overall its everything being coiled, along with moving forward. Its a false FBC movement Pattern, This also makes her unload the bat around in a circle.

IMO she needs to think of more Front and A$$. This will allow the arms and hands to work properly and create, the stretch that is needed. If you have her think of sticking her Butt out behind her, she will get into her heel, you will find that she will naturally coil to some degree, and control her forward move better. She would even stay square to the plate better. JMO

This is very well said. Thanks!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse