Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
@fanboi22

Notice the upper body angle matches the shin angle and the pelvic tilt. You find the same thing in sprinters stance when coming out the start also in fastpitch pitching and leg drive.

Capture.PNG

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
@fanboi22

Notice the upper body angle matches the shin angle and the pelvic tilt. You find the same thing in sprinters stance when coming out the start also in fastpitch pitching and leg drive.

View attachment 24071
Got it thanks. When i do this i feel the small of my back 'scrunch'. i thought i remembered someone saying to keep the knees behind the front of the feet though, that you didn't want your knees to go that far out? maybe not.

I guess i was just confused by the term 'hips too flat'. which i still cannot picture what flat means. I supposed said differently, hitter was too upright with little pelvic tilt.

Oct 2, 2017
Got it thanks. When i do this i feel the small of my back 'scrunch'. i thought i remembered someone saying to keep the knees behind the front of the feet though, that you didn't want your knees to go that far out? maybe not.

I guess i was just confused by the term 'hips too flat'. which i still cannot picture what flat means. I supposed said differently, hitter was too upright with little pelvic tilt.
I assume that she was maybe too upright, but to me she has pelvic tilt. You can see it in her belt line. But that's just me.

Oct 2, 2017

When you do it correctly the knees will be behind the front of the feet for sure

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Back knee over the toes. Knee moves more over the heel as the weight gets into the back hip pocket. Then the knee releases again, goes forward.

B083E972-C047-49E0-B7F1-AD253EDD7453.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The Pujols gif is what is needed. The anterior tilt forward and the lateral tilt down towards the pitcher should happen so the body can stay through outside and off speed pitches. It’s the old ‘level’ swing cue. If everything isn’t turning in the same direction angle wise, you get pull offs and casts.

Since the hips and torso are slow relative to locomotion these angles need to be moved and set as early as possible. There isn’t time or leverage to create these angles afterwards. Proximal to distal loading. A great checkpoint is to see if the pelvis/torso is starting to advance before or w the front foot pick up or at heel up for a no stride. If this is done incorrectly you are left w a push from the back leg or a non-shift or late shift which creates pushy hands, spinning etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478