buying new cleats (are baseball and softball cleats different?)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
New England
so i need new cleats. I've used mizuno and adidas so far, and I normally just buy the cleats that are most comfortable. Can you recommend any? I'd prefer ones that are light because they'll help me with my running.

Also, are baseball and softball cleats any different? Like if i found a baseball pair that were really comfortable, would it be ok to buy them?

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
My DD also prefers the lightest cleats we can find. This year we got a pair of Mizuno Watley G3 Switch. She really likes them. Very comfortable and light.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Are you looking for rubber or steel?

There would not be any rule against wearing baseball cleats. About the only difference is, a men's shoe is wider.

Feb 12, 2011
I second the Ringors. Made for women so it's not a modified men's shoe.

She had Tanel's before - style was not so appealing but they were light as all and had similar cleat pattern as Ringor.

The Ringors are durable and a bit heavier than some of the other mass produced options.

IMO - it is all about comfort and support. If your feet hurt after a long afternoon @ the field, you will not be happy (or productive)

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
If you're looking for light cleats, also check out soccer cleats. They can be very light, and will work for softball as well as soccer. I always try to buy my DD softball cleats, but she always insists on buying soccer cleats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck