BRUH.. If it ain't Broke then Don't Fix it

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
I am just trying to get clarification on the "homers are accidents" thing. Did Lauren Chamberlin experience that many accidents during her career? Why are good high school players playing in a rec division? Isn't there another level of player for the better players?

Our league is pretty competitive. A lot of the HS girls come back to either get their reps in or just to get some movement going. We also have an adult fastpitch womens league. You should come by and play.

Lauren Chamberlain is a hard hitter. No doubt. When she came up to bat was she thinking "ok, next pitch I'm going to hit the ball over the fence." Chances are probably not. Was she thinking more along the lines of
"hey, I'm gonna hit" more then likely yes. No one goes out and purposely shatters homerun records. When you get to a certain number towards that goal, it becomes more of "is this for real, can I really do it?" Do we expect Clayton Kershaw to hit homers when up to bat?? No. Why? Is it because of hitting mechanics or because hes just a pitcher? If hes in the lineup, it would be nice for him to produce a single. But because hes a dominate pitcher, I don't expect him to really go out and produce with the stick. If he gets a double, I would be happy.

Aug 20, 2015
Our league is pretty competitive. A lot of the HS girls come back to either get their reps in or just to get some movement going. We also have an adult fastpitch womens league. You should come by and play.

Lauren Chamberlain is a hard hitter. No doubt. When she came up to bat was she thinking "ok, next pitch I'm going to hit the ball over the fence." Chances are probably not. Was she thinking more along the lines of
"hey, I'm gonna hit" more then likely yes. No one goes out and purposely shatters homerun records. When you get to a certain number towards that goal, it becomes more of "is this for real, can I really do it?" Do we expect Clayton Kershaw to hit homers when up to bat?? No. Why? Is it because of hitting mechanics or because hes just a pitcher? If hes in the lineup, it would be nice for him to produce a single. But because hes a dominate pitcher, I don't expect him to really go out and produce with the stick. If he gets a double, I would be happy.

So you are just going to stick with the homers are accidents thing aren't you? Typical male refusing to admit when he is wrong. Again no one said anything about hitting a home run on purpose every time at the plate but I am willing to bet Clayton Kershaw is TRYING to hit a home run every time he swings the bat. Aren't you the same guy who posted about his daughter trying to hit the ball off a tee over the fence? What kind of practice is that? Accidental hitting practice?

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
So you are just going to stick with the homers are accidents thing aren't you? Typical male refusing to admit when he is wrong. Again no one said anything about hitting a home run on purpose every time at the plate but I am willing to bet Clayton Kershaw is TRYING to hit a home run every time he swings the bat. Aren't you the same guy who posted about his daughter trying to hit the ball off a tee over the fence? What kind of practice is that? Accidental hitting practice?

Wow........ Pulling out the sexist remarks.....

Key word there. Trying. When we set that up, it was to help her gain power and distance off the ball. Plus it was something different then just hitting it into a net. Did the ball go over the fence every single time. Ummmm nooooo.... My kid is not a homrun hitter. She has a strong hit, when she does it hit it. So to get a hard hit to the fence is cool with me too. More homers will come as she ages. At 13 I really dont expect for balls to be put out of the park. It would be nice though! I just want hits from her.

Homers are bonuses with benefits. Is that a better term for you ? LOL

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
When we set that up, it was to help her gain power and distance off the ball. Plus it was something different then just hitting it into a net. Did the ball go over the fence every single time. Ummmm nooooo.... My kid is not a homrun hitter. She has a strong hit, when she does it hit it. So to get a hard hit to the fence is cool with me too. More homers will come as she ages. At 13 I really dont expect for balls to be put out of the park. It would be nice though! I just want hits from her.

By trying to hit home runs off a tee a lot of batters will realize their "power zone" to maximize distance is much deeper than they think it is. I bet 92.8% of players when handed a bat, a ball, and a tee, and told to hit it as far as they can will set up with the ball too far forward in their stance.

Aug 20, 2015

Wow........ Pulling out the sexist remarks.....

Key word there. Trying. When we set that up, it was to help her gain power and distance off the ball. Plus it was something different then just hitting it into a net. Did the ball go over the fence every single time. Ummmm nooooo.... My kid is not a homrun hitter. She has a strong hit, when she does it hit it. So to get a hard hit to the fence is cool with me too. More homers will come as she ages. At 13 I really dont expect for balls to be put out of the park. It would be nice though! I just want hits from her.

Homers are bonuses with benefits. Is that a better term for you ? LOL

So you were trying to hit it over the fence not just accidentally trying to hit it over the fence? My point is you were trying to praise your daughter in one sentence and then saying it was accident in another. Makes no sense. But that is typical of some parents. Now that I am into this travel ball thing more and reading more posts on this site it is apparent there is quiet a bit of exaggeration that goes on with people talking about their kids. By the way does she accidentally get hits too?

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
So you were trying to hit it over the fence not just accidentally trying to hit it over the fence? My point is you were trying to praise your daughter in one sentence and then saying it was accident in another. Makes no sense. But that is typical of some parents. Now that I am into this travel ball thing more and reading more posts on this site it is apparent there is quiet a bit of exaggeration that goes on with people talking about their kids. By the way does she accidentally get hits too?

LOL You crack me up . Just hilarious. Now I know why you have an "EX"

Hope all goes well with your dd. Enjoy the ride, and remember, "stay thirsty my friend."

Aug 20, 2015
LOL You crack me up . Just hilarious. Now I know why you have an "EX"

Hope all goes well with your dd. Enjoy the ride, and remember, "stay thirsty my friend."

That's it? Not even going to answer the questions? Well I hope your ddd does well also. But I am sure she will according to you. By the way what team is she playing with this week? Or did you finally find a team to stick with?

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
That's it? Not even going to answer the questions? Well I hope your ddd does well also. But I am sure she will according to you. By the way what team is she playing with this week? Or did you finally find a team to stick with?

Naaaaaaa, its like talking to a wall with you.

But yea shes on a great team in a great organization. Thank you so much for asking. Also be sure to tune in to this weeks Friday Check in!

Aug 20, 2015
Naaaaaaa, its like talking to a wall with you.

But yea shes on a great team in a great organization. Thank you so much for asking. Also be sure to tune in to this weeks Friday Check in!

I will be on the look out for it. I am sure it will be just as intriguing as the others. By the way if she is on such a great team in a great organization then why is she playing in rec ball? Are you one of those parents who takes their above average player to games involving below average players to make themselves feel good?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl