Bonds Movement Pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
IY36z3t.gif

keeping the weight from shifting across the pelvis to the front leg is non issue if one moves out correctly. Bonds move out is natural and far from "he is doing his absolute best to keep it from getting to the front leg"..

Looks nothing like someone who is doing his absolute best to keep it from getting to his front leg.

0Me68ct.gif

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Can somebody explain his foot acton. He looks like he is going to scissor but then does the anti scissor. What does that mean? What does scissor action indicate? Is it desirable?

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Can somebody explain his foot acton. He looks like he is going to scissor but then does the anti scissor. What does that mean? What does scissor action indicate? Is it desirable?

The scissor action you see is from reciprocal movements... the scissor action happens when reciprocal movements are allowed to take place and yes IMHO it is a very desirable action. The reason Bonds does the “anti scissor” move at the end is because he reached max tension at contact...... after contact the barrel continues pulling the arms and therefore the torso around. Since the crossbody tension is maxed out so the leg has to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS
Jun 8, 2016
For future reference here you go:

To send a Direct Message from Twitter
1) Tap the envelope icon. ...
2) Tap the message icon to create a new message.
3) In the address box, enter the name(s) or @username(s) of the people you wish to send a message to (@Teacherman1986 )
4) Enter your message.

:p

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
Does this one work ?

3wLHMQV.gif
Does this one work ?

3wLHMQV.gif

Thx(and thanks efastball) I was hopin someone had some slow mo of the whole swing. I couldnt find any on youtube. It looks like his front foot skids/slips a little bit. IMO this would be indicative of having a decent amount of "weight" on it.

But then again someone could argue that little weight causes the slip.

Overall this is an interesting swing with the way his backside is so early. Along with that little skid...

Thanks

Reactions: TDS

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00