Bonds Movement Pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Thx(and thanks efastball) I was hopin someone had some slow mo of the whole swing. I couldnt find any on youtube. It looks like his front foot skids/slips a little bit. IMO this would be indicative of having a decent amount of "weight" on it.

But then again someone could argue that little weight causes the slip.

Overall this is an interesting swing with the way his backside is so early. Along with that little skid...

Thanks
From what I’ve read, this pitch was a change up so the timing was off just a little. The foot skip/slip was an adjustment.

Aug 20, 2017
Bonds is adjusting to off speed. His lower body is committed to fast ball (which it needs to be). His posture allows for a big hitting window. Hits this one well in front of his front foot.

Mar 6, 2016
Interesting to see how much Bonds emphasizes using the top hand and driving down. Whereas most of the hitting "experts" are focused on turning the barrel or driving "up" (launch angle). Bonds focuses on "Throwing the barrel".

Two videos: 1st one is the full length interview. The 2nd is an edited cropped one that somebody made that has Bonds repeating "top hand" over and over. lol 🤪

Full video:

Edited version emphasizing "top hand through".

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Interesting to see how much Bonds emphasizes using the top hand and driving down. Whereas most of the hitting "experts" are focused on turning the barrel or driving "up" (launch angle). Bonds focuses on "Throwing the barrel".

Two videos: 1st one is the full length interview. The 2nd is an edited cropped one that somebody made that has Bonds repeating "top hand" over and over. lol 🤪

Full video:

Edited version emphasizing "top hand through".

never saw the entire thing. Thanks!

‘you better watch out’ ... ‘WHA?!’ 😂 😂 😂

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man

Pros: already have a swing that uses the proper launch angle - and they do not have bat drag

Youth: usually chop down at the ball and hit balls into the ground - and they all have bat drag

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Intrigued by his ‘stay square to the ball’ interpretation. Sounds like a Bregman cue.

Much like Griffey, my thought is Barry is thinking ‘pull’ all the time w ‘throw the bat head’.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog