Bat size advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2017
My DD just turned 12 and is using a 30/19 2024 GA. Shes 5’2 and about 100 and I am considering moving her up in size (backup bat). At the moment, I am looking at the Mizuno Crbn 1 in 31/20 or 31/21. I don’t have have access to these bats and wanted to hear the opinions of those who made a similar jump. She has no problems swinging the GA but I don’t know how the Mizuno compares in swing weight.

Thanks in advance

Aug 18, 2018
My DD just turned 12 and is using a 30/19 2024 GA. Shes 5’2 and about 100 and I am considering moving her up in size (backup bat). At the moment, I am looking at the Mizuno Crbn 1 in 31/20 or 31/21. I don’t have have access to these bats and wanted to hear the opinions of those who made a similar jump. She has no problems swinging the GA but I don’t know how the Mizuno compares in swing weight.

Thanks in advance
My dd used Mizuno bats a few years ago before she became camp ghost. When she used Mizuno we found the bats were pretty spot on weight wise and moving from a -10 xeno should have done a -9 Mizuno.

I suggest you get an accurate weight of her bat first. I also have tried to avoid moving up an inch and adding an extra drop weight (in essence adding 2 ounces) unless I knew it was like I described above.

There's good number here whose girls swing a mizuno and they are a great value bat. If you do go Mizuno (or ghost) I've used @CoreSoftball20 and he has always been great to deal with and best pricing.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Oct 19, 2017
Thank you. Her 30/19 2022 GA was 1 ounce over while the 2024 is very close to sticker. She also has a 2017 30/20 Xeno as a cage bat which is 21 ounces. Although she can swing the Xeno well, the bat speed is a little slower.

Edit: I was just looking at the Mizuno site and I am not sure they make the Crbn1 in drop 11.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thank you. Her 30/19 2022 GA was 1 ounce over while the 2024 is very close to sticker. She also has a 2017 30/20 Xeno as a cage bat which is 21 ounces. Although she can swing the Xeno well, the bat speed is a little slower.

Edit: I was just looking at the Mizuno site and I am not sure they make the Crbn1 in drop 11.
The 2024 ADV has been a lot closer to sticker but thats the first round. You never know what you are going to get
the next few batches weight wise.

Now on to Mizuno...they do not make a drop11 Carbon1. The first thing I suggest before buying any one piece bat
is to feel one first. One piece bats provide more feedback on non-barrel contact. The PC is multipiece and usually
is better liked for the younger girls because multi piece bats limit feedback. And with my prices, not much of a difference
in either model tbh.
All Mizunos are very balanced feeling and run close to sticker.

Oct 19, 2017
The 2024 ADV has been a lot closer to sticker but thats the first round. You never know what you are going to get
the next few batches weight wise.

Now on to Mizuno...they do not make a drop11 Carbon1. The first thing I suggest before buying any one piece bat
is to feel one first. One piece bats provide more feedback on non-barrel contact. The PC is multipiece and usually
is better liked for the younger girls because multi piece bats limit feedback. And with my prices, not much of a difference
in either model tbh.
All Mizunos are very balanced feeling and run close to sticker.

Thank you. We tried a Marucci one piece and she really liked it. It was balanced and feedback on mishits wasn’t too bad. We previously tried the PC and she was not a fan.

She also tried CFs and did not like the feel.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thank you. We tried a Marucci one piece and she really liked it. It was balanced and feedback on mishits wasn’t too bad. We previously tried the PC and she was not a fan.

She also tried CFs and did not like the feel.
Ok, you may be alright if she has tried a 1 piece and liked it

1 piece is a love or hate relationship.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414