Is this paint chipping or is the bat breaking?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Whom do I ask? My daughter has tried Ghost Advanced, LXT, and CX-Zen. What about the Mantra? Does that break? Is it similar to the Ghost Advanced?
Several DFP Vendors on here run respectable businesses, myself included.

In my experience, the Mantra does not break with the same frequency as the Ghost. In fairness, we don't sell nearly as many Mantras as Ghosts, so the sample size is quite different. The color scheme on the Mantra takes a little getting used to, but it is a very good bat. The 2023 version came out a few months ago and has good reviews.

Again, have her try them out at a local store before deciding. If she likes the Ghost, get the warranty replacement and stick with it. Many people are okay with the frequency of them breaking because their daughters like the bat a lot and Easton has excellent customer service. Others are frustrated with paying a lot for something with questionable durability. It is a matter of opinion.

Oct 4, 2018
Yup, try them however you can. We do a yearly pilgrimage (a whopping 1 hour away) to a store that has every softball bat and a Hitraxx machine. Just to see what's new, have a little fun, do some "science" with bats, etc. See if you have a store like that in a (big?) city near you.

Or borrow friends.

I can't speak to the Mantra. The color was a non-starter for my girls. We love Ghosts, Xenos and LXTs. We have not liked Meta, Anderson Composite, RXT.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Yup, try them however you can. We do a yearly pilgrimage (a whopping 1 hour away) to a store that has every softball bat and a Hitraxx machine. Just to see what's new, have a little fun, do some "science" with bats, etc. See if you have a store like that in a (big?) city near you.

Or borrow friends.

I can't speak to the Mantra. The color was a non-starter for my girls. We love Ghosts, Xenos and LXTs. We have not liked Meta, Anderson Composite, RXT.
That sounds like a fun mini road trip!

May 29, 2015
self-destruction-imminent-please-evacuate.gif

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
So, I fill out the warranty form from Easton and take pictures? You think they will send a new bat? This is our first bat, so definitely first bat to break.
Yes, not a hard process. You fill out the warranty online and you will get an return authorization number.
Send back and they will send you a new bat. There is no "thinking" involved, you have a year from date
of purchase to get a free bat if yours breaks.

Nov 3, 2022
Both bats are failing. Get an LXT. Seriously, the ghosts sound better but I don’t think are hotter. My DD has both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28