Bat for 2021 power hitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2018
My DD crushed a line drive to the fence with her 2020 RXT, but claims she doesn't like the sound. Bat has about 100 hits on it. Do you know about when the sound changed? That would be great for us if it's going to change soon.
DD had about 200 hits off the tee breaking it in, then took it too some indoor games. she and i noticed a difference in sound with her hitting. she is swinging the 2021 33inch drop9. she does like the the power carbon better but is very happy with the RXT so far.

Oct 4, 2018
DD had about 200 hits off the tee breaking it in, then took it too some indoor games. she and i noticed a difference in sound with her hitting. she is swinging the 2021 33inch drop9. she does like the the power carbon better but is very happy with the RXT so far.

Thanks for the info.

We picked up a 2020 mostly to use in the cold and in the cages.

DD doesn't like the sound, and I made her use it in an 8:00 am game that was sub 40. She hits a triple to the fence and likes the bat a bit more now. If the sound changes she'll like it more. :)

We're at about 150 swings I'd guess. I'm telling her I hear a slight sound change (I don't) and she's starting to agree with me. :p

Jun 7, 2020
Today after our tb basketball tournament (we won 1st place) my dd and I went to demo bats. We tried the ghost, ghost advanced, mantra, mariucci echo, demarini CF and prism. My dd didnt like the Cf it felt light. The ghost she liked. GA didnt want bc it brakes easy. Echo hurt her hands. Mantra didnt impress her at all. I really wanted her to try the power carbon but they didnt stock them. I've looked up dealers for mizuno and cant find any closer than 2.5 hrs away. I wish I could get a demo somewhere. Idk what to do.

Apr 20, 2015
Today after our tb basketball tournament (we won 1st place) my dd and I went to demo bats. We tried the ghost, ghost advanced, mantra, mariucci echo, demarini CF and prism. My dd didnt like the Cf it felt light. The ghost she liked. GA didnt want bc it brakes easy. Echo hurt her hands. Mantra didnt impress her at all. I really wanted her to try the power carbon but they didnt stock them. I've looked up dealers for mizuno and cant find any closer than 2.5 hrs away. I wish I could get a demo somewhere. Idk what to do.
Did she try the FNX. Its demarini a little stiffer feel. Doesn't feel as light as the CF. Still a balanced bat. Also consider the Xeno or RXT from LS if she liked the heavier ghost feel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2020
I dont think she tried the fix. She may have. We tried several bats. The owner said that the new xeno isnt available to dealers and its only change was a paint job.

Oct 10, 2018
Have you considered bat club? Then she can try all kinds of bats for a while, not just under the pressure of hitting in a shop. Downside, you don't get a bunch to hit side by side.

Oct 10, 2018
Not entirely sure, it sounds like a great idea but we've never used it. However we used a similar program for tennis racquets and it was great to play with the racquet before committing. You can read up on it here. https://batclubusa.com/

Jun 7, 2020
From what I read the power carbon would cost 40 bucks a month. And then a 11.99 membership fee monthly. Total cost is 51.99 a month. Wow. I'd almost just buy one from Core and if my dd dont like it sell it. Id lose less money than 52 bucks a month. So for a year it the bat and membership fee would cost a total of $623.88. It's also a 12 month commitment.

Oct 10, 2018
Looks like $13 a month to try a bat for up to 90 days, $20 to swap it out for another keep doing that until you find the right one and then you buy it. It gives you an opportunity to try bats for $30 a month (if you swap it out every month, $50 if you swap out every 2 weeks) until you find the one you want.

If you buy it outright you'd have to sell it for less than a $30 discount to be made whole. Not sure you can. I'd rather pay full price, get a warranty and know the bat wasn't hit in the cold or with dimple balls than save $30.

But definitely NOT worth it if it's a year long commitment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying