Bat for 2021 power hitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
2021 Rawlings Mantra Fastpitch Bat | Hot Fastpitch Bats

Rawlings bought Easton. The Mantra is a collaboration between the two companies, Easton's GA tech and Rawlings Qpro tech. The result was the Mantra. Everything I hear is it has as much pop as the GA with the durability of the Qpro. I'll let you all know after I get my hands on one.

I've heard that the Mantra was designed and being built before the Easton merger. And that Easton didn't have much to do with it. The timing of that does make sense, as bats aren't produced over-night. But of course I have no idea what the true story is.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
My dd is 12 yo 5"8 weighs 165 or so. Shes a big strong girl. Very athletic as well. We are looking for a new bat for her start of middle school ball. She is a power hitter. Currently uses a 33 drop 10, 2019 lxt. What bat should I get her? I want to stay with the current weight and length. We are going to play it again sports today to swing some bats. Any recommendations? I like the ghost bats but they break so easy. I want the best pop and longevity.

If you want to stay with the current weight and length, what's wrong with the LXT that she currently uses?

Jun 7, 2020
We want to get her a new bat for her first year of middle school ball. Her lxt she has now we bought used just to get her by last season.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I've heard that the Mantra was designed and being built before the Easton merger. And that Easton didn't have much to do with it. The timing of that does make sense, as bats aren't produced over-night. But of course I have no idea what the true story is.

Well, since i talked right with the head of Rawlings sales division and he without a doubt told me they had used some Easton tech
to build it. Not saying its a GA with a paintjob at all...just saying some of the Easton ideas went into it.

Just because the merger was only announced recently, the process has been going on for quite some time.

Oct 4, 2018
Well, since i talked right with the head of Rawlings sales division and he without a doubt told me they had used some Easton tech
to build it. Not saying its a GA with a paintjob at all...just saying some of the Easton ideas went into it.

Just because the merger was only announced recently, the process has been going on for quite some time.

Sure.

And of course every bat company bought a Ghost years ago and sawed it in half to try to backwards engineer the technology.

But having their engineers on site collaborating with each other? Not sure that was happening. Companies have to be very careful what they share in case the deal craters at the last minute. You hold some secrets very close to the chest until the ink on the contract has dried.

Apr 28, 2019
Today I called a couple places near me to look more into the lxt and its pricing. I was told that the lxt is similar to the ghost and GA in terms of durability. So they recommended the rxt instead. The rxt is supposedly better in durability. I want something that has good durability and pop. So now I guess I'm going back to play it again sports to have my dd swing other bats.
[/QUOTE
The LXT is nothing like any of the Ghost bats. The LXT is lighter and more balanced, doesn’t have a full inner barrel like a Ghost does.
LXT is also lighter than RXT. RXT is pretty much a cross between a Xeno & LXT weighted somewhere in between the Xeno & RXT.
Both very good bats but stick with your 1st instinct and go with the LXT.

Mar 28, 2014
2021 Rawlings Mantra Fastpitch Bat | Hot Fastpitch Bats

Rawlings bought Easton. The Mantra is a collaboration between the two companies, Easton's GA tech and Rawlings Qpro tech. The result was the Mantra. Everything I hear is it has as much pop as the GA with the durability of the Qpro. I'll let you all know after I get my hands on one.
No I know all about them, was just curious that you were recommending one and figured you had done some R&D on them, maybe even had some exit velo comparisons. Come to find out you don't even own one.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
No I know all about them, was just curious that you were recommending one and figured you had done some R&D on them, maybe even had some exit velo comparisons. Come to find out you don't even own one.
Unfortunately not. I've seen exactly 2 on the field so far. One of those is a former player of mine. Although she's the same size, IDK how much to attribute the added length in ball travel to the bat and how much to being older. And I didn't recommend one. I simply said I thought my player can do better than the RXT and threw out a couple of examples of bats I thought might suit her better. The RXT is completely the wrong bat for her, her size and her swing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812