Avoiding bad organizations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
No you made a blanket statement about how organizations are ran. You did not describe what a bad team is. This is the same as saying all police are bad or all of One ethnicity is bad. I see it as destructive. If someone has a complaint they should be more specific about it.
Our organization does just what you said and is a great place for athletes. As for my push back on this it's because I'm sick of complaining people who just want to stir the pot and take no responsibility for what they've done themselves.
The op said they've been lied to they have money stolen and bodily harm threat if there's a real story there then bring it forward otherwise it ain't squat.
I don't owe you any explanation or reasoning behind my complaints. I did everything the organization asked, and more.

When the head of the organization threatens to, "knock your punk rear out at the field", I feel I'm justified. When I paid $2,000 of the $3,000 team fee and got four tournaments and four practices, I feel cheated. When we followed all team rules and procedures but had my daughter punished because of a flight delay, I get pissed. When we were going to miss a tournament because of a death in the family and are told we're not committed, I get angry.

So come down off your oh so high horse and realize I don't owe you anything. You just seem like you want stir the pot, which is fine. Just do it elsewhere and stop starting arguments with people who are being constructive.

Mar 10, 2020
I don't owe you any explanation or reasoning behind my complaints. I did everything the organization asked, and more.

When the head of the organization threatens to, "knock your punk rear out at the field", I feel I'm justified. When I paid $2,000 of the $3,000 team fee and got four tournaments and four practices, I feel cheated. When we followed all team rules and procedures but had my daughter punished because of a flight delay, I get pissed. When we were going to miss a tournament because of a death in the family and are told we're not committed, I get angry.

So come down off your oh so high horse and realize I don't owe you anything. You just seem like you want stir the pot, which is fine. Just do it elsewhere and stop starting arguments with people who are being constructive.
Let it out tell the whole story it's not me your angry at. You wanted to say that. You wanted to post about it. You're pissed evrnthough looks like you got something for your money and quit after you went to four tournaments and didn't pay the entire team fee. You were late because of a flight delay. What else are you pissed about let it out. Are you going to tell us why you think you were lied to.
You're up on your horse all angry and everything. How did they lie to you.

Mar 10, 2020
You brought it here. If you really wanted people's opinions of the situation you would have given the situation and asked.
I didn't start it I was just talking about it.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Let it out tell the whole story it's not me or angry at. You wanted to say that. You wanted to post about it. You're pissed evrnthough looks like you got something for your money and quit after you went to four tournaments and didn't pay the entire team fee. You were late because of a flight delay. What else are you pissed about let it out. Are you going to tell us why you think you were lied to.
You're up on your horse all angry and everything. How did they lie to you.
Actually, we didn't quit. We were removed when we told them we couldn't make the next event due to the death in the family.

We were lied to because we were promised main fields at showcases, but what we got were backwater locations with no coaches. When you pay $1,500 for flights, cars, meals, and hotels to play in front invisible coaches you'd be pissed, too. We could have stayed local and not incurred the high travel costs and had the same results.

Mar 10, 2020

Don't think someone should get penalized for a flight delay but there's a lot of excuses parents use bad planning that happens too. Sorry about your family member that passed.

Mar 10, 2020
We were lied to because we were promised main fields at showcases, but what we got were backwater locations with no coaches. When you pay $1,500 for flights, cars, meals, and hotels to play in front invisible coaches you'd be pissed, too. We could have stayed local and not incurred the high travel costs and had the same results.
Now its a topic.
Politicians use promises to. Next time try and do as much research as you can before joining a team. Find a better fit not have to throw one.

Mar 10, 2020
Ahhh...now I understand. My comments striking a bit too close to home.

Perhaps you found a way to do those things that I've observed to be problems and made it work for your players.

Good for you. ;)
😉 back to it.
Our organization is one of the extremely large organizations. The head of the organization knows that there is no way he can control all of the different teams and coaches. Especially the things they say and do. Anybody who thinks in their own mind that the heads of any organization can control all the different coaches is not thinking clearly. As I commented think it is destructive to make a blanket statement that says there is an entire organization that is a bad.
The poster had a bad experience with one coach. I don't think it is correct to say the entire organization is bad.
Do not believe that is true that there is any one organization that every team in it is bad. A post that is entitled as such discredits the good works other coaches are putting in.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
😉 back to it.
Our organization is one of the extremely large organizations. The head of the organization knows that there is no way he can control all of the different teams and coaches. Especially the things they say and do. Anybody who thinks in their own mind that the heads of any organization can control all the different coaches is not thinking clearly. As I commented think it is destructive to make a blanket statement that says there is an entire organization that is a bad.
The poster had a bad experience with one coach. I don't think it is correct to say the entire organization is bad.
Do not believe that is true that there is any one organization that every team in it is bad. A post that is entitled as such discredits the good works other coaches are putting in.

I can make such a "blanket statement" about an entire organization because I've seen it personally...more than once. There are bad coaches/people out there, and some of them run entire organizations. The ones I'm thinking of did most or all the things I listed in my first post. I'm not speaking as someone who got screwed over by any of them, but clearly saw what they brought to the ball field. I remain confused to this day why anyone signed up for that.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I can make such a "blanket statement" about an entire organization because I've seen it personally...more than once. There are bad coaches/people out there, and some of them run entire organizations. The ones I'm thinking of did most or all the things I listed in my first post. I'm not speaking as someone who got screwed over by any of them, but clearly saw what they brought to the ball field. I remain confused to this day why anyone signed up for that.
Thank you! You get it.

Had the previous rabble-rouser actually read my comments and comprehended them, he'd have seen the person I was criticizing was the head of the local chapter of the bigger organization. Also, I mentioned that one of the assistant coaches was fantastic, so I certainly don't paint everyone with the same brush.

That being said, there's an expression: A fish rots from the head down. In this case, the local chapter is that exact scenario. If he's willing to bring in people who think and coach like him, it will stain the broader organization. People with good character won't hire bad people, just the same as a person of good character wouldn't go to an organization whose head didn't have character.

I was really just curious if anyone knew of a site that reviewed the pros and cons of different organizations. A) I'd love to get some insight as to the better organizations. B) I'd love to help other people avoid my bad experience.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida

I am pretty sure I know which org even though I am live nowhere near there and I could have told you this was a possibility from 2,000+ miles away and only a few trips up in that direction.

How do you avoid? Well, you keep your eyes open and do your research. 2 years in travel and you should know who everyone really is locally if you keep your eyes open.

The hardest thing is having objectivity when someone dangles some carrot in front of you. It is hard for parents to look at a situation which is promoted by others as 'the best team' or the 'ones that will get your DD whatever" or "Your DD will be an important part of..." objectively even when they KNOW the coach or the org head are dubious at best...

Every year our org takes back players (and sometimes entire teams) from other orgs/teams where parents say "Well, I knew that might happen, but I didn't think it would happen again" or that "they said they changed"{ or "that we were willing to risk it for DD to get (exposure/better/winning team/whatever"

It is hard - for most parents it is their first time through the whole process and most don't want to hear it or learn from experience or take advice from those who have lived through it..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red