Asa 2015 rule and code changes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I heard 2 proposed rule changes were allowing female pitchers to leap and eliminate the penalty of advancing base runners on an illegal pitch. Weather either one passed I don’t know.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
I heard 2 proposed rule changes were allowing female pitchers to leap and eliminate the penalty of advancing base runners on an illegal pitch. Weather either one passed I don’t know.

Neither of those passed. There was also a proposal to require JO pitchers to wear a face mask, but that proposal was withdrawn.

Two that did pass:

10u will be allowed to bat their entire roster during all rounds of their national tournaments

16u GOLD and 18U Gold will be allowed to bat their entire lineup during pool play at their national championships

These were the major ones for FP, there were several other changes to the slow pitch rules.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The So Cal meeting is this weekend, and I will be there. My understanding is that they will be rolling out changes in the definitions of "B" and "C" teams/leagues. "B" will be rec league "select" teams.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
The So Cal meeting is this weekend, and I will be there. My understanding is that they will be rolling out changes in the definitions of "B" and "C" teams/leagues. "B" will be rec league "select" teams.

These changes will be specific to Southern California. There was a proposal to establish a Class C at the National Level that was rejected by the council.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal

I'm most interested in this particular change. Are you saying that there would be a B and C division in B leagues? The select teams would not be subject to the draft? I have heard something to that effect, but several rumors abound.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom