Arm extension after POC

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I see ... so to clarify, you are talking about taking a kid that isn't able to swing to extension, and having them backchain from extension (for JJs, I'll add the reference of 3-O'Clock) back to contact (again, for JJs I'll add the reference of 6-O'Clock), pause, and then push to extension (and again, for JJs I'll add the reference of 3-O'Clock) ... and that clears it up the reason they weren't able to swing to extension. Hey ... if that works for you, and you are happy, then remain happy.

Not sure why you feel the need to clarify. I have made my opinion on this pretty clear a few times. If don't you ever come a cross a hitter than can benefit from this kind of exercise, that's great. Who knows. Maybe some day you will.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Contact to extension is a momentum assisted movement. that being said if you have never matrix ed contact to extension, you havent been at this very long.
No hitters will be harmed during the application of this drill.

forcefull release.
Scarborough.gif

It would be the momentum of the bat helping pull the arms, if AS held onto the ball, and the ball weighed in at a couple pounds she would extend also.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I found this video interesting in a good way:

From the 37 sec mark on JMHO I found interesting and to the point of JJ,Eric & a few others of 'showing' extension to a hitter. I see and have found some hitters have no idea how to extend. Some hitters don't understand how the arms finish. No harm in 'showing' a hitter how to finish their swing.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Your need to be "right" is incessant...to the point it is comical...

Please demonstrate your point with yourself or a student or exit the discussion.

Prove your hypothesis...

CP

Chis, No way this guy works with kids, no parent in their right mind would look to him for instruction....
His true personality shines through the more he posts.

Straightleg

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

Please demonstrate your point with yourself or a student or exit the discussion.

Prove your hypothesis...

CP

CP, I merely disagreed with your advice. The point that I am correct is beside the point. The objective was to give readers the suggestion to question your recommendation of routinely performing a drill of starting the swing from contact and pushing from there to extension.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

Prove your hypothesis...

CP

Chis, No way this guy works with kids, no parent in their right mind would look to him for instruction....
His true personality shines through the more he posts.

Straightleg

SL, as usual, you are incorrect.

May 12, 2008
If she does things right before contact, the rest will take care of itself. I've said on here recently where I think the best information is.

Lots of concern about "extension" etc. Thinking back to a swing by Danyele Gomez on, as I recall Cat, in a regionals in Tucson. Check swing dinger. No follow through whatsoever. Good uncocking albeit arrested immediately after contact. Something they did/maybe do while mechanics were being changed.

Does this swing get extension? http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz341/alexbyrne/2015 Batting/Bag 12-21-15 iphone_zpsttwmhhtt.mp4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl