Anyone have thoughts on this Twitter thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
It’s a crying shame there won’t be sb at the next Olympic Games.

I‘d love to see her stomp into Paris in ostrich kicks cartel style.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
It’s a crying shame there won’t be sb at the next Olympic Games.

I‘d love to see her stomp into Paris in her ostrich kicks.
I wonder why there won't be softball again? I thought it was great having it back at the Olympics in Tokyo. I loved watching Aubree Munro behind the dish and Cat Osterman pitch.

OMG, I can't imagine ostrich kicks. I feel bad wearing Uggs and leggings into Target. :LOL:

Oct 4, 2018
I wonder why there won't be softball again? I thought it was great having it back at the Olympics in Tokyo. I loved watching Aubree Munro behind the dish and Cat Osterman pitch.

OMG, I can't imagine ostrich kicks. I feel bad wearing Uggs and leggings into Target. :LOL:

The host country gets to pick some sports (along with the Olympic Committee), and they often pick something new, novel or something unique to their people and culture. So some sports cycle in and out. And other will always be there.

Tug-of-war used to be a big one. I'd kind of enjoy seeing that as an Olympic sport again. :p

Mar 20, 2015
She is fairly well known in player circles as being pitcher who can be rattled, that’s when things go south.

She’s growing though. I think you will see a lot less of this.

They aren’t playing Tennessee in regular conference schedule. I think that matchup in the SEC tournament or super regionals will be pretty interesting. Malveaux will have a plan for her.

(Standard Disclaimer: even though I say nice things about Tennessee, I despise Rockytop and that hideous orange.)
I think part of it is she pitched 3 days in a row so UCLA adjusted and she tired, while UCLA double teamed with Garcia and Faraimo. Still she only gave up 2 runs in each of the first two games, and won the first. VT is is playing a bunch of SEC teams including Alabama in Feb so should be interesting.

Feb 25, 2020
I think part of it is she pitched 3 days in a row so UCLA adjusted and she tired, while UCLA double teamed with Garcia and Faraimo. Still she only gave up 2 runs in each of the first two games, and won the first. VT is is playing a bunch of SEC teams including Alabama in Feb so should be interesting.

Are you talking about Rochard? I think WW was talking about Fouts there.

But yes you are right she(Rochard) was fantastic in both game 1 and 2(not just game 1 like I made it seem) I think I watched game 1 and then game 3 back to back recently. And the control was what struck me as how maybe fatigue was manifesting.

I think that going ~12 times through that UCLA line up in 3 days is pretty darned tough also. She was reaallly good.

Im hopin to get DD down to Clemson in March for VT vs Clemson. Cagle and Rochard would be pretty cool to see in person.

Jun 27, 2021
Pitching in not one size fits all and pitchers come in all sizes, heights and muscles structure. This "analyst" just created a topic of conversation to bring to the table to up his follows. Not saying he is wrong but saying he is wrong as a representative and nothing to show for it on his end. This is the data you bring up in the coaches convention to engage coaches if you are well respected pitching guru/or coach who is respected in the coaching world in regards to pitching. Not some guy whos never trained as a softball pitcher or played the game.

May 20, 2015
PFF has made a fortune running NFL analytics

whether their analytics are worth a damn, or actually mean anything, is open for debate

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
PFF has made a fortune running NFL analytics

whether their analytics are worth a damn, or actually mean anything, is open for debate
There are tons of people who do silly stuff on the internet and have followers and make money from marketing ads because of it. I think they call themselves entrepreneurs LOL