Is it necessary to post this score?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2023
they kept score. There was a score to report. It's a tweet. It's not like they're that guy with the champagne on the podium meme. I don't think anyone's fooled into thinking it means this team is some juggernaut powerhouse or anything. It's just the literal facts of the thing they did.

The chest bumping picture is a little bit much for me with such an unmatched game. Reporting the score I’m okay with - but I would personally have chosen a more neutral photo to go with it.

Jul 11, 2023
Unless something was misrepresented to the participants, everyone knew what they signed up for. Posting on social media is part of the equation.

Getting upset about it is a choice.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I got one for you.

Rec league coach pitch. We're down 24-0 in the last inning. The 3b coach is still running every chance he gets.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
No issue with posting a 1-38 score. Had the score been 0- 38 I would write a mean email to the AD at Oregon, I mean that would just be boasting too much. ;)

Aug 1, 2019
MN
The author, a few players, a few parents, and a few random people were the only ones who saw it.
Of those, very few cared. It probably had more attention here than anywhere else. Non-issue.

Aug 8, 2016
The author, a few players, a few parents, and a few random people were the only ones who saw it.
Of those, very few cared. It probably had more attention here than anywhere else. Non-issue.
So far, the twitter post has 211k views. And a lot of negative comments.

I am local to these teams. Last year UO did this same thing, but with OIT (there is a thread on here about it too), and OIT finished second in the NAIA tournament. They are just going to thump the local non d1 schools around here. But these games are great opportunities for the other local schools and I fully support these fall ball games.

My eye-roll is that they are even keeping score in the first place. None of the other schools around here do that. It just seems to defeat the purpose of these games.

Oct 14, 2019
they kept score. There was a score to report. It's a tweet. It's not like they're that guy with the champagne on the podium meme. I don't think anyone's fooled into thinking it means this team is some juggernaut powerhouse or anything. It's just the literal facts of the thing they did.
So why the exclamation point?

Dec 19, 2021
The question is why schedule this game in the first place. Does anyone on either side get anything from this matchup? Does it make anyone better?

May 20, 2015
The question is why schedule this game in the first place. Does anyone on either side get anything from this matchup? Does it make anyone better?

yup, the lesser school probably funds a spring trip that way.......and they probably enjoy playing at oregon

really, of all the things i see on a daily basis, nothing here really upsets me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad