Anderson Bats...which one?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD is swinging a 33/23 Demarini CF4 Insane. It is an end loaded bat. Now we're looking for an Anderson bat to play in colder weather as well as using for practice. I know very little about the Anderson line other than they are an excellent bat. Could someone point me in the direction of a specific model comparable to what DD is swinging now?

Dec 7, 2011
DD here just changed from that same bat to the Rockettech. It's end-loaded also. DD did step up to the 34 RT but she is 5'11" and getting really strong. Love this bat.

Dec 11, 2010
I would love to hear some reports on the new NanoTek. Composite handle, alloy barrel.

Hard to go wrong with a Rocketech. They are quite a bit cheaper too. If it's a bat for just this year or if you never play USSSA I would prefer a 2004, 2005 or 2007.

Think you still have to be careful of the RT in temps under 50. Have my nieces 2004 that has "performance waves" (dents) from hitting in cold weather.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
All RTs are endloaded and are -9 drops. All TZs (Techzillas) are balanced and -10 drops. Both these models are double-walled bats (the RT has an exterior and the TZ has an interior sleeve) and the drop # represents "swing" weights (i.e., they swing like a -9 or -10 drop bat) but they actually are heavier when weighed on a scale - generally 2-3 oz more than the swing weight (i.e., a 33/24 RT may weigh 25-26 oz). The added mass yields creates a larger force than a lighter bat if it can be swung at the same speed. Generally, the TZ performs better for those with faster bat speed, but both models need several 100 swings for the barrel walls to flex and reach optimum performance.

The Nanotek is Anderson's top of the line bat and is considered "barrel" weighted. I t comes in a -10 and -12 (2012 only) drop. Unlike the RT/TZ, the -10 drop closely approximates the scale weight. The Nano is a single wall and has a larger sweet spot than either the RT or TZ and performs at its max level right out of the wrapper. With the addition of a composite handle to the 2012 models, Anderson was able to design an endload version of the Nano called the Omega, but it isn't currently available in the FP line (the smallest SP model is 34/26). The Ignite is Anderson's entry level single wall and comes in a -11 drop.

The older Anderson's (i.e., 2004-2007) ususally command a premium price because they arguably may have a little more pop, but IMO you'll get better value sticking with the 2011 or 2012 RT/TZs or 2010-2012 Nanos.

FWIW, my DD has RTs, TZs, and Nanos. She likes an endload and will swing her 33" or 34" RT until Anderson makes a FP Nano Omega or she gets strong enough to handle the SP version as these versions offer both an endload AND a larger sweetspot.

Oct 14, 2008
A minus 10 is a balanced bat. The drop 9 and lower indicates end load. It cannot be balanced and end loaded at the same time. If I am reading your question correctly.

Tim

Oct 14, 2008
All RTs are endloaded and are -9 drops. All TZs (Techzillas) are balanced and -10 drops. Both these models are double-walled bats (the RT has an exterior and the TZ has an interior sleeve) and the drop # represents "swing" weights (i.e., they swing like a -9 or -10 drop bat) but they actually are heavier when weighed on a scale - generally 2-3 oz more than the swing weight (i.e., a 33/24 RT may weigh 25-26 oz). The added mass yields creates a larger force than a lighter bat if it can be swung at the same speed. Generally, the TZ performs better for those with faster bat speed, but both models need several 100 swings for the barrel walls to flex and reach optimum performance.

The Nanotek is Anderson's top of the line bat and is considered "barrel" weighted. I t comes in a -10 and -12 (2012 only) drop. Unlike the RT/TZ, the -10 drop closely approximates the scale weight. The Nano is a single wall and has a larger sweet spot than either the RT or TZ and performs at its max level right out of the wrapper. With the addition of a composite handle to the 2012 models, Anderson was able to design an endload version of the Nano called the Omega, but it isn't currently available in the FP line (the smallest SP model is 34/26). The Ignite is Anderson's entry level single wall and comes in a -11 drop.

The older Anderson's (i.e., 2004-2007) ususally command a premium price because they arguably may have a little more pop, but IMO you'll get better value sticking with the 2011 or 2012 RT/TZs or 2010-2012 Nanos.

FWIW, my DD has RTs, TZs, and Nanos. She likes an endload and will swing her 33" or 34" RT until Anderson makes a FP Nano Omega or she gets strong enough to handle the SP version as these versions offer both an endload AND a larger sweetspot.

Dont argue that with Mr Anderson over at the other forum lol he will tell you that the newer models have the same pop as the 04-05. Even though the BES has been reduced.

Tim

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Dont argue that with Mr Anderson over at the other forum lol he will tell you that the newer models have the same pop as the 04-05. Even though the BES has been reduced.

Tim

LOL - I purposefully said "arguably" for that reason! I don't question TB, after all, he knows a guy...

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
A minus 10 is a balanced bat. The drop 9 and lower indicates end load. It cannot be balanced and end loaded at the same time. If I am reading your question correctly.

Tim

It depends on the manufacturer. I know Big D bats as well as GM seems to know Anderson. Big D offers the CF5 in a -10 end-loaded (insane) and a -10 balanced which is the Hope. They also offer various drops of the Hope but the insane is only available in a -10...at least until 2013. the CF4 Insane is even more end-loaded than the CF5 and is a -10 as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes