Not sure which bat to go with

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
My college is looking into getting us our equipment as players. I've already decided on regular equipment like mitts (looking into a new one for playing third), sliding shorts, catcher gear, cleats, and batting armor. Now I need to decide on a new axe.

I'm torn between getting a Mizuno F21 Power Carbon in 33/24 (I currently swing a 33/24) or a 2021 Easton Ghost in 33/24.

I like my Ghost in 33/23. But I am now so used to swinging a 33/24 that I can't imagine going back to a -10 balanced bat versus an end-loaded bat. But I'm so used to swinging my Mizuno. I've put thousands of swings on that bat. I think its time to replace it.

I'm not sure what to do because I like both bats.

What is you guy's opinion?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I personally would go with a Ghost! I have minimal experience with the Mizuno, there's a 33/23 in a bucket in my garage that has exactly one days worth of use on it! I bought it as a school team bat when they were so hyped up when new, the girls used that bat for around two hours one day with me and the HC throwing front toss. Every single girl there turned their nose up at that bat and never touched it again! It might have enough swings on it to be broken in? Probably hasn't been touched in close to two years!

I take that back, I *think* I used it twice for rounds of infield?

I think that Mizuno in 33/23 was way too light, within minutes of handling it I wished I had bought a -9.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Obviously, you have the 33/24 PC because its weighting is more like the 33/23 Ghost. The drop10
Ghost isnt really a balanced bat. A 33/24 Ghost will be around 25oz.

Maybe a 2022 Ghost Gabby? ;)

BTW AD, dont mess with Mizuno :)...very good bats. Just gotta select the right weight as they are
VERY balanced, But it will hit with any bat made.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812