Alliance vs. PGF???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Alliance is kicking off their qualifiers this weekend (22nd/23rd) . Registration appears a little soft. Example:
Winter Qualifier 14U and 16U in AZ has 19 and 11 teams.

OC Coastal (also 22nd/23rd) 10u 3 teams, 12U 35 teams, 14U 35 teams, 16u 32 teams and 18U 20 teams.

Still have a hard time understanding why So Cal teams/Orgs. (Specially 10U thru14U) want to drag their teams across the country, to play in most likely shitty weather, with a huge cost factor to each family when they could sleep in their own bed, play in great weather in So Cal.
14U is in SoCal this year I believe ;)

Edit: Do you really not know the answer to your question or are you just being passive
aggressive about it (Hint: It probably has little to do with the individual coaches and
more to do with the Org heads..)? :p

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Alliance is kicking off their qualifiers this weekend (22nd/23rd) . Registration appears a little soft. Example:
Winter Qualifier 14U and 16U in AZ has 19 and 11 teams.

OC Coastal (also 22nd/23rd) 10u 3 teams, 12U 35 teams, 14U 35 teams, 16u 32 teams and 18U 20 teams.

Still have a hard time understanding why So Cal teams/Orgs. (Specially 10U thru14U) want to drag their teams across the country, to play in most likely shitty weather, with a huge cost factor to each family when they could sleep in their own bed, play in great weather in So Cal.

My DD's team will be getting curb-stomped at the 18U PCFL Winter Qualifier in Lake Elsinore, CA this weekend. So far this year, the team hasn't had a single practice where more than half the team was there, and have played only 2 friendlies (games, not days) against mediocre teams with 2 players trying out, and 2 younger sisters filling in. It's going to be ugly.

Last edited:
May 7, 2015
SoCal
DD's team is also at the 18's this weekend in Lake Elsinore.. Going to be a tough tournament with lots of big dogs, double elimination from the beginning. DD's team has played with such a small roster, it feels like 10u rec!! Played with 11 (2 pitchers only on the bench) the past couple of tournaments going back through end of fall. Missing 6 from injuries and a revolving door of covid protocols.

Ugh, and the pressure is real to qualify this weekend

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DD's team is also at the 18's this weekend in Lake Elsinore.. Going to be a tough tournament with lots of big dogs, double elimination from the beginning. DD's team has played with such a small roster, it feels like 10u rec!! Played with 11 (2 pitchers only on the bench) the past couple of tournaments going back through end of fall. Missing 6 from injuries and a revolving door of covid protocols.

Ugh, and the pressure is real to qualify this weekend

Hope to see you there!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
My DD's team will be getting curb-stomped at the 18U PCFL Winter Qualifier in Lake Elsinore, CA this weekend. So far this year, the team hasn't had a single practice where more than half the team was there, and have played only 2 friendlies (games, not days) against mediocre teams with 2 players trying out, and 2 younger sisters filling in. It's going to be ugly.
Well if she hit 3or 4 bombs and throws out 5 or 6 runners it will dull the pain. 😆

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
14U is in SoCal this year I believe ;)

Edit: Do you really not know the answer to your question or are you just being passive
aggressive about it (Hint: It probably has little to do with the individual coaches and
more to do with the Org heads..)? :p
And I thought you were only good at Math?!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Well if she hit 3or 4 bombs and throws out 5 or 6 runners it will dull the pain. 😆

It would. A bomb is possible. However, the chances of throwing out runners has diminished significantly with the current crop of SSs. Successfully receiving the throw and making a good tag has not been a strong point. We badly miss the '21 SS we had through the end of last summer. That girl had fantastic hands.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
It would. A bomb is possible. However, the chances of throwing out runners has diminished significantly with the current crop of SSs. Successfully receiving the throw and making a good tag has not been a strong point. We badly miss the '21 SS we had through the end of last summer. That girl had fantastic hands.
My 14u DD can catch the ball and apply tag on a full run then tumble and show the ump the ball and trot off the field. Gotta work harder SSs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA