Little League Regionals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2022
Why would the casual viewer NOT want to see LL over TB teams on TV? Imperfect play is part of what makes it fun to watch. They represent our towns and states. It's no different than watching your favorite college out there. With college teams you see the same players (mostly) there a few years, learn about the coaches, follow the stats, learn their origin stories, etc.

Whether the LLWS kids also play travel or not, there's still a connection with the viewers and teammates that would be difficult to create with fly-by-night TB squads. I don't have anything against travel, but it's just not the same and it's for reasons that mostly aren't about softball.

Jun 8, 2016
Put it all on TV ( beats some of the programming they have now) with the caveat that if they tell me I cannot sit in the OF there will be problems..

Jan 25, 2022
Put it all on TV ( beats some of the programming they have now) with the caveat that if they tell me I cannot sit in the OF there will be problems..
Wouldn't it be more entertaining if they forced you to sit behind your kid's dugout and did a side story where you detail the emotions you go through? They could hook you up and keep a display up on the screen. Pulse, BP, and a bar to indicate the chance of stroke.

Jun 8, 2016
Wouldn't it be more entertaining if they forced you to sit behind your kid's dugout and did a side story where you detail the emotions you go through? They could hook you up and keep a display up on the screen. Pulse, BP, and a bar to indicate the chance of stroke.
What I ever do to you?

Jan 25, 2022
and you revel in allowing the world to share in my misery..😂
It would be TV gold. Fielding error? Immediately cut to a shot of your reaction and the frustration meter. You could literally become a game stat. Merch sales would be through the roof.

Jun 8, 2016
It would be TV gold. Fielding error? Immediately cut to a shot of your reaction and the frustration meter. You could literally become a game stat. Merch sales would be through the roof.
Fair point. If I can get some money out of it to offset the inevitable future anxiety induced medical bills might as well. Still think they could set it up in the OF though..me talking to myself would make great theater.

May 27, 2013
Whether the LLWS kids also play travel or not, there's still a connection with the viewers and teammates that would be difficult to create with fly-by-night TB squads. I don't have anything against travel, but it's just not the same and it's for reasons that mostly aren't about softball.

This is spot-on. There is definitely something magical about making a good run with a LL team. When we made it to states (big deal for our LL - we were the 1st SB team in our LL to do so) the venue was about 2.5 hours away. I know that doesn’t seem very far for many but we had families from our League who didn’t have a kid on the team travel out to watch us play. Nothing quite like looking out in the crowd and seeing them all there, rooting the team on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles