Alliance vs. PGF???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2021
Alliance is kicking off their qualifiers this weekend (22nd/23rd) . Registration appears a little soft. Example:
Winter Qualifier 14U and 16U in AZ has 19 and 11 teams.

OC Coastal (also 22nd/23rd) 10u 3 teams, 12U 35 teams, 14U 35 teams, 16u 32 teams and 18U 20 teams.

Still have a hard time understanding why So Cal teams/Orgs. (Specially 10U thru14U) want to drag their teams across the country, to play in most likely shitty weather, with a huge cost factor to each family when they could sleep in their own bed, play in great weather in So Cal.
Interesting to see 16u and 18u teams in California playing in January. Do they not have high school ball right now?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Interesting to see 16u and 18u teams in California playing in January. Do they not have high school ball right now?
No,
Maybe just hs try outs starting for some.
Think usually different dates in FEB. indicates h.s. travel game dark mode.
However they can practice with their travel teams just not play games Sunday practice is okay and weekly hitting and Speed and Agility stuff is fine

Jul 19, 2021
Most stop TB Feb.1st. I think the official cif date is Feb. 13th.
Most teams play in January. From norcal (18u) and we’re in Socal this weekend and AZ next weekend. Then it’s over until Memorial Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. So they crank back up after Christmas for one month and then go dark until essentially June. Are they not practicing at school right now? When does school practice start?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Interesting. So they crank back up after Christmas for one month and then go dark until essentially June. Are they not practicing at school right now? When does school practice start?
Travel ball in winter Nov Dec Jan coincide with college coaches recruitment schedule and camps.

Aug 23, 2016
Most HS girls I know have been doing off-season conditioning since the fall but only some are doing team practices now. DD's team only has two HS players but because the team only practices on weekends and their school is practicing during the week, there's no conflict yet.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

Basically speaking, yes. My DD's 18U team played until early-Dec, took a few weeks off, and then started practicing again in early-Jan. Some players are practicing every day with their HS team, and a couple player had a HS tournament last weekend. As such, we have seen a lot of players missing from TB practices, and friendlies last weekend only happened because we were able to fill spots with new girls trying out and a couple of younger sisters.

TB will be totally shut down from mid-Feb to early-May (ish) during the HS season. However, some TB teams will continue to have weekend "clinics" to keep the girls connected and ready to be up and running for the summer.

My DD's HS team is non-existent at the moment due to lack of a coach. The coach from last year quit due to family schedule issues. The school thought they had a new coach in place last week, and the person pulled the plug at the last minute. Right now, the school is scrambling to find someone to take on the job. We're less than a month away from the first league games, and there hasn't even been a tryout.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Basically speaking, yes. My DD's 18U team played until early-Dec, took a few weeks off, and then started practicing again in early-Jan. Some players are practicing every day with their HS team, and a couple player had a HS tournament last weekend. As such, we have seen a lot of players missing from TB practices, and friendlies last weekend only happened because we were able to fill spots with new girls trying out and a couple of younger sisters.

TB will be totally shut down from mid-Feb to early-May (ish) during the HS season. However, some TB teams will continue to have weekend "clinics" to keep the girls connected and ready to be up and running for the summer.

My DD's HS team is non-existent at the moment due to lack of a coach. The coach from last year quit due to family schedule issues. The school thought they had a new coach in place last week, and the person pulled the plug at the last minute. Right now, the school is scrambling to find someone to take on the job. We're less than a month away from the first league games, and there hasn't even been a tryout.
Step up!
Wow, how is the AD surviving?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00