PGF Nationals 12U Premier

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
My GD plays 12u . I have a little interest in it. I’m friends with the Mercado team that won PGF last two years. He‘s at the top of the 12 U food chain. GD has worked out with his team a few times. Three of his 4 pitchers can hit 60-62. solid hitters and yes great fielders. There’s a handful of other teams like his that battle each other all year. Because of that competition and being exposed to game pressures, these teams are better at not beating themselves. He holds 4-6 hour practices on Saturday and 3-4 14u friendlies on Sunday.

Sometime it gets down to the pool you’re in and if you can get past or avoid one of the big teams. Lots of average to good teams to play. Have fun and enjoy a week of softball.

Jan 1, 2023
My GD plays 12u . I have a little interest in it. I’m friends with the Mercado team that won PGF last two years. He‘s at the top of the 12 U food chain. GD has worked out with his team a few times. Three of his 4 pitchers can hit 60-62. solid hitters and yes great fielders. There’s a handful of other teams like his that battle each other all year. Because of that competition and being exposed to game pressures, these teams are better at not beating themselves. He holds 4-6 hour practices on Saturday and 3-4 14u friendlies on Sunday.

Sometime it gets down to the pool you’re in and if you can get past or avoid one of the big teams. Lots of average to good teams to play. Have fun and enjoy

Thanks appreciate the good information.

Aug 5, 2022
Having a dd that has attended premiere since 12u I think the biggest difference I have seen is the depth of the teams and the size of the rosters. Those teams often have 20 kids in the dug out which means a lot of flexibility. Our team has always been defensively strong so we actually usually were better in the field. The small ball execution is very strong in those teams as well. The main team of an organization at that age was always physically larger and more mature than we were. Our year we placed 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 1, 2023
Having a dd that has attended premiere since 12u I think the biggest difference I have seen is the depth of the teams and the size of the rosters. Those teams often have 20 kids in the dug out which means a lot of flexibility. Our team has always been defensively strong so we actually usually were better in the field. The small ball execution is very strong in those teams as well. The main team of an organization at that age was always physically larger and more mature than we were. Our year we placed 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the input. 20 kids, wow. How do you keep that many kids and parents happy? We played with 9 much of the year, but we’ll have a few more for Nationals (and next year.)

May 13, 2023
Thank you for the input. 20 kids, wow. How do you keep that many kids and parents happy? We played with 9 much of the year, but we’ll have a few more for Nationals (and next year.)

They pick up a few extra players for Nationals just as you stated. Keeping players and parents happy? Possibly any roster # is not perfect for everybody.

However winning more games and players developing has its advantages.

Jun 8, 2016
All of the 12U Premier Championship games from the past 10+ years are on YouTube. Go look at them to see what the general level is for the best teams if you want to know where you stand (and I am not sure why you would..what would you do with that information now? The young ladies certainly don't need to know any of that..)

May 13, 2023
All of the 12U Premier Championship games from the past 10+ years are on YouTube. Go look at them to see what the general level is for the best teams if you want to know where you stand

(and I am not sure why you would..what would you do with that information now? The young ladies certainly don't need to know any of that..)
I encourage softball families to go watch Premier Nationals. Particularly on the final two days. Gives players an opportunity to see an example that they otherwise wouldn't get opportunity to see or play against. Help set goals of what they could be doing.
Basically
Certain levels don't mix with other levels throughout the year. If they didn't go watch they wouldn't know the difference.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
Was this supposed to be an counter-argument to what I was saying? I can never tell with you. If so then you are suggesting a bunch of 12 YO go scout kids they may play in a week..ok.
Nope not here to argue how many times do you need to be told that? LOL

How do you not get the point of what I wrote? 😅
Those are those things that fly over your head or you purposely ignore the point not sure. LOL

Jun 8, 2016
How do you not get the point of what I wrote? 😅 those are those things that fly over your head or you purposely ignore the point not sure. LOL
I don't understand you because you write in broken English. Dead serious..not trying to be an as*..I honestly cannot understand what you write 1/2 the time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00