Alliance changed the age cut off to September 1st?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 11, 2023
I'd expect a late Friday before a long weekend announcement, that way they have 3 days for people to calm down before talking to anybody :ROFLMAO:

Jun 19, 2016
NCS Texas changed there age up. I imagine it will start putting financial pressure on USSSA to change.

May 17, 2023
NCS Texas changed there age up. I imagine it will start putting financial pressure on USSSA to change.
PGF has also not made the change on their website, but certain events (depending on the director) have gone by class vs birth year for several seasons. I'm not sure if that is an unofficial policy that PGF allows or those directors are just taking it upon themselves.

But agree will be lots of pressure on both PGF/USSSA to change soon.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
If I understand this correctly, you will move up an age group on September 1st if you were born before that date. The problem with using grades as a guideline is that some states have different cutoff dates for school. In NY, the cutoff for school is November 30th, but in CT and RI, it's September 1st.

May 17, 2023
If I understand this correctly, you will move up an age group on September 1st if you were born before that date. The problem with using grades as a guideline is that some states have different cutoff dates for school. In NY, the cutoff for school is November 30th, but in CT and RI, it's September 1st.
Right the change is your age as of Sept 1, not your age as of January 1. So those kids who turn 17 on Sept 15th would still be eligible for 16u this season where previously they would move up to 18u at start of season.

There isn't a perfect date but my guess is they picked Sept 1 because it most closely aligned with the greatest number of states and also is the rollover date for the season. Never made sense to me that USSSA fastpitch season starts Sept 1, but going to use your age on January 1 to decide which age group.

Feb 11, 2023
So this is where we are I think so far.. Correct me if I'm wrong.
USA Softball Aug 31st
Alliance Aug 31st
Triple Crown Aug 31st
USSSA Dec 31st
PGF Dec 31st.

Nov 9, 2021
So this is where we are I think so far.. Correct me if I'm wrong.
USA Softball Aug 31st
Alliance Aug 31st
Triple Crown Aug 31st
USSSA Dec 31st
PGF Dec 31st.

That will get messy for some teams trying to bounce around different tourneys. My November DD thankfully is playing on an older team so it won’t really matter. That would be a pain for some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 24, 2019
I got an email from tcs ,

My question is why the change ? My older kid is a late baby and she has always played with her age group(birth year 2010) , I feel it only makes them better .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalWood1013